chapter 27 (America's POV)

HEY!! Sorry it took so long............ I have been writing a lot of other stories... Like the Selection Truth or dare! If you haven't yet, you should read it!!!

Chapter 27

(America's POV)

I walked back inside, I was still in shock of what had just happened. I was stopped in the middle of the hallway, my nurse stopped me in the hallway. "How’s that leg feeling?" she asked. I shrugged, "Fine.". She smiled then grabbed my crutches, " I think you should start walking on it today." she said then left. I walked back up into my room, my foot felt fine to walk on it actually, and my maids awaited on me joyfully. They practically bounced up and down with joy when I entered the room, they were awesome I loved them so much. I joined them in jumping and squealing as Anne, tried to calm them, she obviously hated this idea of being this excited and all the jumping, but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her up and down with me as she started to begin to jump herself.

Soon we were all jumping up and down and squealing like my sister May when she realizes the guy she had a crush on liked her! I felt like a child again. Finally after about 5 minutes of uncontrollable, laughing, squealing, and jumping, we all sat down. I knew my maids were eager to hear what had just happened, and I knew they didn’t dare ask. I actually still had to find that out to so I sat down and thought through it.

I realized that he only solved one of my current dilemmas. It brought a small frown to my face. I remembered that it wasn't all perfect. I laid down on my back and sighed, my maids looked a little sad because they just realized I wasn't going to say anything. Then Anne asked, "Would you like a moment alone?" She asked me. I nodded, and they left.  I laid down fully and sighed again, my family's life was still in danger. I heard shuffling from outside my window, I walked out to my balcony and looked down, there was a person climbing up it.

I wanted to scream, even though I knew the person and it wasn't Maxon, but the person who shouldn't be here. The person of my nightmares, the person who broke my heart. It was Aspen. I didn't know what to do... So I walked back into my room and prayed that he wouldn't make it up all the way. And just my luck he did, I should have guessed because of the guard training he had to go through.

I pretended to think he wasn't there, until he said something, "America finally! I found you." I stepped back and pressed my back against the door. "What are you doing here Aspen?" I asked putting an edge on my voice that said, leave! He obviously didn't understand what I meant because he took a step closer to me, I pressed harder against the door. He reached a hand out and brushed my cheek. His touch felt like poison. It burned the skin I pushed his hand away from my cheek. He looked confused.

He starred at me, "America? What’s wrong with you?" He asked. I stood up straighter and jabbed a finger at him, "WHATS WRONG WITH ME!? YOU HAVE HARRASSED ME THE WHOLE TIME YOU WERE HERE, YOU BROKE UP WITH ME!!! YOU THEN YELL AT ME FOR HURTING YOU!! WHAT THE HECK!!!!!! THEN YOU ARE ALL JEALOUS ABOUT MAXON AND HE'S DONE NOTHING WRONG!!!! AND NOW THAT I THINK I MIGHT HAVE FEELINGS FOR ANOTHER GUY YOU COME CRAWLING BACK! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!"  I yell he has tears forming in his eyes and I didn't care.

I gave him time to take it all in, he stare at me gently in the eye. I gave him an icy glare that said back away. He cupped me cheek and held me still I tried to pull away, "America? What happened to you?" I continue to try to yank away, it wasn't working he was to strong, "Aspen let go of me." I say harshly. He didn't let go. "Aspen!" I yell a little louder. He grabs my other cheek and pulls me forward. He pressed his lips against mine I tried to squirm around to get out of his grip.

He continued to kiss me as I pulled away uncomfortably, finally I broke his grip. I slap his face and run to the balcony. I look over the edge, it's roughly a 15 foot drop into a flower bed. I look out further into the garden and I see Maxon starring at red roses. I turn back around and Aspen is stumbling back to me. I slowly put one leg over the balcony. I started to climb down Aspen reached out and grabbed my wrist, I lost my grip on the vines that I was climbing down. I was dangling mid-air by my wrist that Aspen had a hold of. His grip tightened and my wrist twisted a little. I screamed in pain. It stung so much.

Aspen attempted to pull me back up, "Shhh... People could hear!" Aspen said worried. I remembered about Maxon, I glanced over my shoulder, He was there looking around the garden panicked. He must have heard me scream. I look back up to Aspen his eyes, just as worried as Maxon's.

I needed to know before I decided to fall or climb back up. "Will you leave if I get back up?" Aspen stopped tugging on my wrist and starred at me and asked, "Why would I?" I starred coldly at him through the pain. "Let go of me." I said. He shook his head and gripped tighter. I screamed a little quieter this time so Maxon wouldn't hear me. I shook my arm wildly so I could fall into the flower bed below me, Aspen looked scared, "America stop you’re slipping." He said quickly. I began to rip my wrist out of his grip.

I felt his hands loosen and let go. I felt myself go airborne. I screamed in fear of landing on my head. But I ended up landing on my back in the flowers. I heard Aspen up in my room, "America!" He yelled. I rubbed my head. And slowly sat up pain stung you thigh where I was shot but it wasn't as bad as I would have thought.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, I instinctively yanked away. I didn't want Aspen right now, I just jumped off a balcony to get away from him! Doesn't he get that? The arms pulled me back closer to them. "Stop! Let go of me!" I mumble with the last of my strength. The hands let go. Then I realize.... Aspen wouldn't stop that easily. I turn my face to see Maxon staring at me his face was terrified, but I guess mine would be to if I saw my girlfriend jump off a 15 foot balcony into a flower bed.

He probably thought I was trying to commit suicide or something.  Reached out and touched my hand to his, "I can explain." I said he leaned in and picked me up again and gently set me down on the ground. I regained my balance and looked at him I didn't dare walk, I had a fear I might fall and be more hurt then I thought. He looked me in the eye. I looked up at my balcony for a second, I saw Aspen. He had a look of disgust in his eyes. I looked back at Maxon, should I tell him?

I tried to make a longer chapter to make up for missing out on the past few updates, you know what to do, recommend a POV! Thanks Bye!!!!!