Chapter 1

The man thrusts the jewelry in my hand and runs as the police arrive. No. No. I can't be seen anywhere near here! Mom would never forgive me!

I bolt into the opposite direction of the police. The man somehow disappeared in thin air.  That shouldn't be my concern right now. I need to discard the jewelry. Trash can?  Too obvious. Community mailbox? Sure. I throw the necklace and ring in the mailbox and run.

I hear an officer's voice shouting at me. But the hot wind blurs his commands, even though I know exactly what he's saying: telling me to stop, just want to ask questions, not to be afraid.

But I am afraid. I'm not suppose to be with an officer for a wrong reason.

Where to go?

Before a name comes to mind, a body hits mine and I'm flying face down to the brick sidewalk. I yell in pain as my arms are pulled behind my back with my rights said.

Officer Riggs walks me to a squad car that followed him. He looks disappointed.

I feel like everyone adds an authors note at the bottom. Do you, as readers, like them or not? Anyways, I've written many books but this is the first I've ever published. I wrote this in 8th grade (currently a junior) so my writing has improved drastically. Please comment and feel free to critique me too! Enjoy Olivia's journey!
-Angela :)