would you be so kind pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I am," Mitch said in a small voice, shrinking into himself. He turned his head away from Scott to hide his tears, though it was completely pointless. "No, baby. You're not worthless, or a sl*t. I promise. You're absolutely perfect. Every inch of you," Scott said, his voice gentle and kind. Mitch blushed deeply and shook his head once. "No." Scott nodded and inched closer to him, not wanting to scare him. "Yes, you are. You're gorgeous, and smart, and kind, and adorable, and perfect. I swear," he insisted. "No," Mitch whispered quieter, tensing briefly as Scott gingerly wrapped his arms around him in a hug but relaxing after a moment. "Yes, sweetheart. Perfect." Mitch closed his eyes against his tears and wordlessly rested his head against Scott's chest, letting out a shaky breath and stepping closer to him. "You're perfect," Scott repeated in a whisper, rubbing Mitch's back in a way he hoped to be comforting. Mitch sighed softly, his tears slowly stopping. "Are you going to make me leave?"

"Of course not, baby. Please stay."

"You mean you- you want me?"

"Yes. Who wouldn't? You're perfect."

"I'm not—"

"No. Don't, Mitch. You're perfect. No arguing, okay?"

"Yes, Daddy." Then, a moment later, "Oh, God. I'm so, so sorry, I didn't mean to—"

Scott smiled slightly, brushing Mitch's hair out of his eyes. "No, it's okay. I kind of like it. Now, Mitchy, I have a question for you."

Mitch felt himself get nervous, but he hesitantly nodded. "O-Okay."

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

Mitch stared for a moment, not believing him. "W-Wait. You're joking, th-there's no way—"

"Please?"

"You- You really want me?"

"Of course I do, baby. Of course I do." Scott tilted Mitch's head up and brushed his hair out of his eyes. "So will you? Will you be my boyfriend?"

Mitch couldn't restrain himself anymore. He wrapped his arms around Scott's neck and pressed their lips together, his heart beating so loudly in his chest he thought for sure Scott could hear. Scott immediately kissed back, flattening his hands on Mitch's lower back and pulling him closer. Mitch gripped at Scott's collar and kissed him almost desperately.

When they finally pulled apart, it was only to breathe. Scott allowed five seconds for Mitch to catch his breath before he pressed their lips together again, backing him up against the wall. Mitch didn't even notice they'd started to move until he felt his back pressed up against the wall, but he didn't really care. All that mattered was Scott's lips against his.

Scott licked along Mitch's bottom lip, silently asking for entrance. Mitch opened his mouth immediately, and Scott eagerly slipped his tongue in Mitch's mouth, taking Mitch's wrists and pinning them over his head. Mitch made a small noise into the kiss and allowed Scott to do whatever he liked.

When they pulled apart the second time, they stared at each other for a while, eyes bright and chests heaving. "I can't tell you how long I've wanted to do that," Mitch murmured breathlessly, and Scott laughed softly, running his thumb over Mitch's bottom lip. "Now you can do it whenever you'd like." Mitch hesitantly smiled shyly, wrapping his arms around himself, and Scott grinned widely. "Oh my God, you're so beautiful when you smile. I mean, you're beautiful all the time, but please, please do it more," he said, and Mitch blushed, turning his head to hide it. "You're too nice to me." Scott smiled and tilted his head back, kissing his forehead and his nose. "Well, get used to it, sweetheart. You're going to be the most pampered boy in the entire world." Mitch smiled shyly again as Scott took his books from him and led him back to the bed, curling up in his arms.

"Hey, baby?"

"Yes, Daddy?" Then again, a moment later, "I'm s-sorry, I—"

"Relax, sweetheart. You can call me Daddy if you want. I just wanted to ask why you didn't want me to take you home yesterday..."

Mitch hesitated, opening his mouth to answer before he closed it again. "I..."

"It's okay, baby. You can tell me. I promise."

Mitch hesitated again before he hid his face in Scott's chest. "My momma hits me."

Scott frowned immediately and held Mitch tightly against his chest, his heart practically shattering. "Oh, baby... I'm so sorry. You don't deserve this kind of pain." Mitch whimpered quietly and buried his face in Scott's chest. "Please, I don't wanna go home. C-Can I stay here with you? F-Forever?"

"Of course you can, sweetheart. I'll protect you, I promise."

Mitch sighed shakily and pressed himself totally against Scott, hiding his face in his chest. "Thank you, Daddy. So much. You've saved my life s-so many times..."

"What do you mean, princess?"

"S-Sometimes, when I want to die more than usual, I just think of you and all the hurt goes away."

Scott frowned and held the back of Mitch's neck, running his fingers through the shorter hairs growing there. "I'm sorry I haven't been there to protect you for very long, but I promise you no one will hurt you anymore. I will protect you with my life. You're too sweet and innocent to be experiencing this." Mitch sobbed hoarsely and moved impossibly closer, burying himself in Scott. "I know you won't say it back, but I love you. With everything I have."

"I love you too."

And just like that, Mitch felt his heart mend completely.