Confidence

Alura's P.O.V

'Click' 'Click' 'Click'

The flashing camera lights were blinding me. I tried my best to keep my head held high with a great big smile. I honestly just wanted to get out of here, I don't understand how celebrities can do this every single day.

"Xavier, who's the beautiful lady"
"Xavier, how's the company?"
"Hey, Xavier is that your latest arm candy?"

There were disgusting comments like these being thrown around like I wasn't there. The last especially hurt, I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but I just, it's the mate bond. What I don't understand is why there are cameras in the first place.

I was brought back to reality by a tingling sensation on my cheek, the cause of it was a light kiss on my cheek by the one and only, Xavier, making so many more blinding flashes go off. What these humans don't know is that this is all just a stupid act, I wish it was real. We walked hand in hand inside the building.

I opened my mouth to ask him why there were so many photographers when he shut me up with his finger. He brought me into the elevator, once the door was closed he let go of my hand like it was dipped in acid.

"I have to make money somehow, so I have a company." He said, answering my question. As we went up all the way to the top floor all that was heard was the annoying elevator music. To say it was awkward is an understatement. When the silver doors finally opened I was relieved to get out of the tension filled elevator. Xavier once again wrapped his large hand around mine, he guided me towards a large wooden door. Before I could even reach for the handle he leaned in and whispered "behave" as if I was some pet. I turned and gave him a scowl, while he just smirked.

He opened the door and we both walked in. I saw many faces, male and female. No one in particular stood out to me, but I gave everyone a warm smile. As I was following Xavier we came to the head of the table. Xavier, being the gentleman he is, pulled out my chair for me. I forced a smile on my face while I looked at him. I could hear the whispers of the females in the room, all about how kind and gentle Xavier is. Huh, if only they knew. I saw two women giggling with one another, just reminding me of how close me and Olivia were. I think I should talk to her. We may not be as close, but right now I just need any friend I can get.

"Hello, Alphas and Luna's." Xavier started. There were nods around the room along with a couple of responses. I examined each of their faces, all I can read from them are that they have respect for Xavier. The way that the lift  their heads just enough to see Xavier, but not enough to show disrespect. The way that their heads were slightly tilted to show submission, and the way that all eyes were on him, not daring to even glance away.

"As you know I've met my lovely mate" he said looking at me with a fake smile, to one which I returned. I heard 'awws' around the room, coming from all the ladies.

"You may tell your packs about her, make sure that they all show her respect, if not they will be punished by me." He said staring into each one of their eyes.

"Yes, King" they responded in unison, that's just a bit creepy.

"Okay, enough of that, we need to talk about the new deal..." after he started that line I completely just zoned out. I'm not really one for business talk, it's kind of boring. I watched at the wall, noticing every little spec of dirt and every detail. I noticed that there were no paintings or decorations on the wall, making it so bland. I noticed how everything was in its place, as if the inanimate objects were too scared to move.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see Xavier looking ahead. I took that as a cue that it was time to leave. I looked around the room to see that all the alphas and Luna's were still waiting in their seats, I looked at Xavier questionably.

"They have to wait for both of us to get up first, darling" he said, in what I can tell is a frustrated voice. The other alphas didn't seem to notice as they talked among themselves.

"Oh, okay" I said getting up and and taking Xavier's hand. He held my hand tighter than before, making me wince in pain. I dug my finger nails into his palms drawing blood.

"Have a lovely evening Alphas, Luna's " he said quickly rushing me into the elevator.

He turned to me and scowled. "You think this is some game?" He asked taking a step forward. "No, I don't. So I don't understand why you're playing with my heart" I said, with a small growl.

He took another step closer. "I like my woman feisty" he said smirking. I could feel his minty breath fanning my face. Nope, not this time. This time I'm in control.

I closed the space between us and ran my finger down his chest. "Do you?" I asked, looking up from my long lashes. I came right up to his ear "Than I guess you'll like this, babe" I said. I brought my knee up to where the sun does not shine. I know I'll regret this later, but it is totally worth it.

'Ding'

The elevator door opened to reveal more cameras. I heard Xavier's heavy footsteps behind me." I can't wait to punish you" he growled out, holding my arm so hard I know it will bruise. As we walked outside I heard more rude comments when one finally got to me.

"Xavier, why aren't you kissing her? Is it because she's used trash?" The lousy reporter asked. I stopped dead in my tracks, turned Xavier around. Wrapped my hands around his neck, and before he knew what was going on,

I crashed my lips onto his.

A/N

You guys This book is #216 in werewolf!!!!!!!  THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ❤❤❤❤😊😊😊. That's why you all get an update so early. Anyways do you guys think I should start a YouTube channel or an Instagram page just for like wattpad or something?