Smile for the Cameras

Alura's P.O.V.

After the incident with Xavier I decided that I needed to get my mind off of it. What the hell do I do in a place I don't know? I wander around of course.

I started off with the west wing of the mansion. As I was looking around I saw Lucas and Xavier. They seemed like they were in a heated argument. Me being me decided that I was going to be nosy and listen. I took tiny steps closer to the door and listened with my werewolf hearing.

"You can't keep her, she's my mate too" I'm assuming Lucas said.
"I can do whatever I'd like, I'm king in this region" Xavier said.
"You're using her" Lucas said. At this point I like Lucas way better.
"Don't try, I heard about what you did to her" Xavier said in a bored tone.
"That was in the past" Lucas said, sounding pained
"So was my banishment, but that doesn't seem to stop father from hating me" Xavier said.
"I don't know what to say about that, it's not my fault, and not Alura's either, so don't punish her" Lucas said, almost begging.
"I need to go check on her, brother" Xavier said.

Oh shish kabobs, I'm going to get caught, so I ran out of there like there was fire on my butt. As soon as I reached the kitchen I grabbed the first thing I could, to act natural.

Xavier walked in, acting like he owned the place, wait never mind he does.
"What are you doing" he asked, giving me what seemed like an amused look.
"Eating a um, tomato, what does it look like" I asked, I mentally cursed myself as I took a large bite out of the bright red tomato. This thing is disgusting, the juices were all squirting in my mouth, dribbling down my chin. I probably looked disgusting with goo on my face.
"Okay, well you know that I knew you were there" he asked, clearly not amused, damn mood swings.
"What, where" I asked, my voice going high at the end.

"Oomph"

Suddenly my back was against the fridge as he came near me, my breath hitched in my throat, he put his mouth right by my ear and said "I don't tolerate eavesdropping, so if I ever catch you in there again" he paused. He looked into my eyes, God those smouldering eyes could make anyone melt. "I will not hesitate to send you to places you've never been" he said. He started to walk out of the kitchen when he turned "there is a meeting with all the alphas in my region, dress nicely" he said smirking at my red cheeks.

"Holy mother trucker, I think I almost died" I voiced my thoughts out loud. I hate to admit it but that was a tad bit hot. I blushed at my dirty thoughts, gosh darn it Alura get your mind out of the gutter. I scolded myself.

I walked up the stairs to my room to find something casual yet professional to wear for the meeting, it is the first time he will be introducing me to all the alphas of his region.

I felt that this outfit was professional enough so I walked down the stairs to meet Xavier. As I walked down the stairs I saw him at the bottom wearing

 As I walked down the stairs I saw him at the bottom wearing

(With black pants)

He looked kinda hot. As I walked down the last step my heel got caught on the rug and I tumbled onto the ground, and no this a-hole didn't try and save me, so much for a knight in shining armour. I slowly started to push myself up when, for the first time since I've been here I heard Xavier laughing. His laugh was amazing, it was hearty, like it was coming from his stomach. It was so infectious that I couldn't help but start laughing myself, full blown laughing.

"Ahem, King and Queen, sorry for the interruption but I believe that we should leave, or we may be late" a voice said. I looked up to see a man in an all black suit and tie. He was half bald and had smile lines etched into his face. He seemed like a very nice man.

"Yes, of course. Let's go Alura" Xavier said, with an emotionless face, well there goes that moment. I guess it'll now just forever be in my memory. I wiped off the non-existence dirt of my butt and started to follow. As I got into the limousine I noticed that Xavier was furiously typing something on his phone, he was also sitting on the furthest seat away from where I sat. The ride there was spent with Xavier texting and me looking out the window in boredom.

We started to slow down in front of a large modern looking building. It looked like one of those business skyscrapers, with the shiny windows. The door was opened and a hand was held out for me. I took it and stepped out waiting for Xavier.

Xavier stepped out and held his arm out to me. I looked at him questionably, wondering why the heck he would offer me his arm."We have to at least look like a happy couple in front of the Alphas" he said, in a duh voice, as if I should know that.

"Oh okay" I said. I took his sleeved arm, and we walked into the building.

"Oh and one more thing, make sure to smile for the cameras babe" he said.

Wait, What?!