Chapter 22

This chapter is because of @queenmadison90 She, along with a few of my other commenters has made it possible for me to feel like I can do this, finish it.
________________________

Derek's POV--

When I arrive at my pack, it's almost the next day. I rush through the rubble and debris lying everywhere. Trees lied down on my home... Our home.
But none of that mattered, I ran past all of it. My first sense was to start asking people if they were alright, before I got Milena to direct where they were to go straight to.
Less than 5, I make it to the pack doctor. They're surprisingly calm, and for that exact reason, my heartbeat calmed down majorly too.
They submitted to me. "Is... is he gonna be okay?" I re-ask. The short, female doctor nods and places a candy on his chest. "He was a big boy," she jokes. I roll my eyes and smile in relief.
Saske hated doctors and all of the doctors and nurses were scared of the 3rd to rule the pack. So he would put up a fight. "He fought like a dog..." she admits.
"But, the little kids came in for a while, and made him brave enough to get his checkup. When the amnesia kicked in, he was good to go on our behalf," she chuckles.
I cross my arms and look at him covered head to toe in baby, cartoon stickers.
She peels one off of his cheek and slaps it onto my chest. "Well, the kids weren't done. He should be up soon. Be patient. I'm... sorry." She bows a head and walks away with a weary smile.
I nod to her as she leaves before awaiting my brothers' awakening.

"Hahahaha! Stop it! That tickles!" A little girls voice says. My face was on his bed. I move my head, a bit. It was a bit blurry when I looked up.
"Hey! It's your fault that you wanted to challenge me to a poking contest!" I hear Saske's faint voice.
When I look up, he's sitting around with the kids, away from his bed, laughing and joking as normal.
I jump up and run over quickly and unexpectedly, causing a few of the kids' screams.

Saske stares up at me with a disappointing look. And I bring him to a strong hug. "I'm not mad at you. This wasn't your fault. I should've been here.... I'm sorry." I apologize.

When I pull back, he smiles crookedly and scratches the back of his head, "oh yeah uh, don't do that again!" He scolds me. "Does it hurt?" I ask him, looking down on the stomach and leg bandages.

He makes a goofy face and laughs. "No way!" I sigh again. "That's a relief. I'm just glad you're okay. I swear I'm gonna find who did this to you!" I growl, eyes growing red.

A little kid sits on his lap and he plays with their arms and hands like a baby. And he swings hair out of his eyes before looking up at me.

"How?" He asks me suddenly. That was a really good question.

"Did you see any faces? Did they leave any clues?" I ask him in thought.
He looks up in thought and then closes his eyes and shakes his head. "Na da."
When he turns around I spot a note stuck to his side.

Cute, isn't it? He's still alive!
And so lucky to have survived.
Listen here, my alpha Derek...
Every move you make is hectic..
But, in the end, it's me who'll win.
Most definitely, I'll mark your end.

Good Luck Alpha, T 🐾

I crush the note and look over to Saske. He looked like he was having fun. I had much needed work to get done to repair my home, so I got back to it.

Christians POV--

I make it just before I got too tired to follow them, and I walked the extra few yards. His whole pack was destroyed.
His home was burned to the ground and the injured were being forced to go elsewhere by speech.
The person giving the speech was no other than the one and only Milena.