Chapter 18

Christian's POV--

"TELL ME!!" He slashes at me again with an attitude. "NO!!" I scream, turning my head, knowing the pattern. And of course, I'm met with another brutal hit.

Alex's POV--

"Caleb..." I whisper over. I couldn't even see him in the pitch black room. I crawl off of my bed and onto his, shaking whatever lied there.
"Caleb..." I repeat. "What, Alex?" He grumbles. "Are you awake?" I ask him. "No, I'm just talking in my sleep..." He says to me. I face palm him.
"OWW! Alex!" He says before I cover his mouth. "Shh... Be quiet... MOM might wake up..." I shiver. "What do you WANT Alexa?" He asks me.
He never used my whole name unless he was irritated with me. "I'm sorry..." I say, and I get off of his bed.
There's a sigh as I'm about to get back in bed. He has a hand on my shoulder and pushes me back down, embracing me in a gentle hug.
"What?" He asks me. "Well, I don't like how daddy is in the basement hurting that poor girl! What did she do?" I ask him.
"I don't know..." He says back to me. "I have to do something... Maybe if I-" I start. "Alex. You know that we can't meddle in what dads plans are. It was an accident that we even ended up in the basement," he shrugs.
"But... She stuck up for us and guess what Caleb, Dad never did anything to us like he usually does! That was nice of her! She can't be a bad person!" I reason with him.
"Alex, just because she did that doesn't mean that she's nice. Dad does what he does for a reason... We just got lucky. Lucky that her outburst didn't get us punished!" Caleb says back.
"Please...!! Can we help her?" I ask him. The moon by this point had shown throw the window, taking complete darkness and bringing in light.
I try my best to guilt him, with watery eyes and a quivering lip, as I back away.
His face goes sad, but in thought. "Fine..." I mumble, and I sniff, climbing back in bed. There's another muffled scream from down below.
"Dumbest thing I've ever done..." I hear. And I turn to Caleb. His clothes are on the floor and he's at our door, as a wolf.
'Coming?' He links me. I happily laugh and shift too, running over and out the door. We get to the living area where dad wipes away the light blood on his hands. He sighs deeply.
"Why isn't this working?" He asks himself. He disappears out of the front door. "Nice timing!" I say.
We run down the stairs as quick as our legs could take us and we get to the basement quietly.

Christian's POV--

Once he had hit me that final time, he had realized that I wasn't breaking and that my blood was staining his hands.
He left upstairs to clean off and I just look down to the ground.
Before I can rest, there's more footsteps down the stairs. I raise my head up quickly and close my eyes.
"YOU CAN STOP NOW BECAUSE I CAN'T TELL YOU ENOUGH!!! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!!! AND I'M NOT GONNA HURT ANYONE!" He knew it too.
He knew this but continued to pry at me for information on who else I may know like me or what I am entirely when I'm not even quite sure myself.
There's a long silence. I open my eyes to two wolves shifting human. It was the two kids.
"You're back?" I ask them. "I'm Alex. And this is my brother Caleb. We came to help you out!" The little girl tells me. "Though this is a bad idea..." Caleb says.
"Would you?! Really!! Thank you so much!!! Hurry, he might come back!" I tell them. They try to pull at the chains and shift a hand or so to scratch it off.
"Can't you shift and get out?" I'm asked. "Unfortunately no... My wolf is going rogue on me right now so I'm just a... Normal human!" I sigh.
"Aww..." I hear next. "We can't get it, I'm sorry..." Alex tells me. "Look for a key... Maybe? There has to be one around here right?" I ask them.
They immediately start to look everywhere. "Here!" Alex shouts at me, and they run over. The boy unlocks one of my hands.
"Yes! Finally!" I happily say. "Wait..." He pauses. "What is it?" I ask. "How do I know that you won't hurt us?" He asks me. "I promise you that I won't okay? I swear to god I wouldn't even think of harming a child!!" I say to them.
I cross an arm over my heart. "Honest..." And they look at each other before looking back at me.
He unlocks my other hand and I hug them both quickly. "Thank you so much!!" I cry and I stand straight up, almost falling to my face from lack of legwork lately.
"Wait lady!!" Caleb shouts at me. I turn to look down at him. "Can we come with you?" He asks me.
"B-but your family?" I ask. "Don't mind them... This is me asking you... Please...?" He asks me. Our eyes lock and I can see his whole past, and future. It didn't look good at all.
"Okay..." I nod, and they shift back and follow me upstairs. I didn't mind being human, but I hated not being able to escape on my own because it'd handicapped me.
"Stop!" I hear, and we look to our front escape at Caleb. "You three aren't going ANYWHERE!" I hear. They cower behind me. I look back at them and then to their dad.
In a deep breath, I concentrate. Before I know it, everything is white, and we were running far in the dawn woods.
"What happened back there?!" I ask in a panic. It's eerily silent as they run beside me. "What happened to me...?" I ask lowly to myself.
Life was getting strange, that was for sure.