Chapter 3

Christians POV--

He actually helped me. That stranger. But when I thanked him, he left. That never happens everyday.
I frown upon that and race after him until I bump into another guy and fall. He was wearing a red leather over a white T. He had on black jeans, and matching nikes. His hair was a light brown and he had scary green eyes.
He stares down at me, and I known I'm in for it. I cringe, but when I open my eyes he has his hand out. I take it and he pulls me up.
"T-thanks..." I say, not sure what happened. "No problem, I'm sorry I bumped into you, I'm clumsy" he laughs. As I look back at his face, he doesn't look mad like before, he looked nice, and innocent.
"No, really I take responsibility for bumping you!" I say back to him. He just makes an odd face, and then just stares at me like I'm a trophy. It kinda weirded me out, so I moved back some.
"You okay?" I ask him. Once I push his arm, he snaps out of it. "Yeah, fine. Sorry about that" he laughs it off with his arm behind his head.
"I'm Aarai" he introduces.

|Pronounced ~ Uh- Rye|

He throws out his hand, and I do the same. "I'm... Christian" I say back to him.
"Nice to meet you, Christian" he says back. Then I hear the class bell ring. Time for my third class of the day! It's math. I love math!! I hurry there and take my seat. Suddenly, the guy from earlier shows up late, he comes in and sits.
Guess where... Right next to Aarai... Who was next to me. I recently got a math class switch.
Wow, now there were two familiar faces in the room... But then, what was that smell? It was big, strong, I liked it. Together, it smelled of Mango Smoothy, Fresh Water, New Caught Deer, and Apples...

Aarai looks over at me and whispers something just barely.

"Hey, when class is over, do you wanna go somewhere?" The other guy just looks over at me. I catch him and he flips his head down to his work.

"Uhhh... sure. Sounds great" I smile, before I turn and get my work done.
____________________

Once the bell rings at 3:25, I grab my stuff. "Ready to go?" Aarai smiles. "Umm..." I answer. The guy once there is gone. I sigh. "Yup. I guess so!" I say to him as we leave out the door. Once in the hallway, I see someone bump into the guy. I was getting so sick of calling him the guy. "Aarai?" I ask. "Yeah?" He asks. "What's that guys name?" I ask him. He looks over at that guy again and growls at the question. Was Aarai... a werewolf like me? "Derek-" he stops after that. Derek growls at the girl whose bumped into him. "Watch where your going!" He ends up shouting.

I jump at the tone, and people ignore him, afraid to catch his eye. I just l look into them. He stares deep into mine as well. Suddenly, he drops her, and faces me completely.

I turn away, he just huffs, stuffs his hands in his pockets, and shuffle away angrily leaving her be.

"Are you okay?" I ask her. "Yea... Thanks..." She picks her stuff up and I pat her before she leaves.

Me and Aarai continue our walk. What a jerk... First, you think he's the best in the world and the next, he threatens a poor girl, like me. Maybe he isn't as nice as I thought.

"Are you alright?" Aarai asks me. I turn my head from the ground to look at him and nod. I plaster a fake smile and stare straight ahead. There's stuff on my my mind... Like how my family's gonna starve. The rogue pack. 'If either Derek, or Aarai (counting if he's a wolf too) find that out, there's a chance I'll be killed. But Aarai seems too nice to me..' I think to myself.

Suddenly, I'm snapped to reality by a voice. "Oh! Here it is" he grins widely. I see a little diner. "Jerry's" reads the name.

Aarai grabs my arm. He smells... Like Mango Smoothie and Fresh Water for a second. And he pulls me fourth.

"Let's go!" He laughs. It lightens my face a bit.

But this diner was away from my home, away from my pack. This was... The Other Side.