Chapter 1

Derek's POV--

I wake up to the feel of the warm sun on my face. I get out of bed. It takes me a few minutes to process what had just happened.

I place my hands on my face. I couldn't believe my father was killed. And whoever killed him, was after me. And eventually would make their way to Saske. I throw my hands through my unmanageable hair and sighing loudly. This was going to be serious brain work for the next few months or so.

When I finally decide to drag myself out of bed, I finally wash up and get dressed in a plain white v-neck T, some jeans and a pair of army boots.

After I get downstairs and make some Cinnamon Toast Crunch, I notice a giant conversation in the living area.
I walk in the room and it's quiet. You could hear a feather falling. "Look who decided to FINALLY show up for his meeting!" I hear my fathers best friend Aiden say. Aiden was also a third in command.

I plop down on the couch while he says it. And I decide to answer him after another spoonful of cereal.

"What can I say? Hunger Games is addictive" I say, crunching my breakfast.

He rolls his eyes. "Is that Cinnamon Toast man?" Asks Siege.

|Pronounced ~ Say - G|

He starts to drool and make a puppy moan sound when I mention, "yeah". "Want some?" I ask, pointing to the kitchen, with my thumb.

"Y-yezzz" he answers, as the spit hits his polo shirt. He was ACTUALLY hypnotized by my food, I could hear his stomach growling. And of course j couldn't help but laugh at the idiot. "Go get some then!" I laugh at him. He goes into the kitchen area.

"No thanks Derek, but do you have those Lucky Charms?" Drake whispers, after the no thanks.

I roll my eyes at him too. He too runs into the kitchen. "OK ENOUGH ABOUT BREAKFAST!!" Shouts Aiden. "Your father is dead and your family is targeted by a mysterious pack. There's a chance that you'll die too if you don't focus!!" He yells at us.
Mostly me...

"Thanks a lot. I JUST started to feel less stressed, stickler" I answer, before drinking the milk.

I MUST be a stickler, and if you wanna protect this pack, I suggest you do the same! I know your 17, you probably think everything will work out in the end, but in THIS reality, if you don't stay serious, you, will, DIE!!" He argues his point to me.

Now I'm stoked. I put my empty cereal bowl on the table and swallow my last bit before I talk.

"As future Alpha, I understand that it IS my job to protect those of my pack, in need. I know that my father is dead and the pack is in chaos. I accept the terms it means to be Alpha, even if it means putting my life on the line for the sake of the clan. And after my coronation, we WILL find the perpetrator responsible, and we will make as many alliances as possible. So if this happens again. We have strong forced allies. Now I have a plan, and I wanna know- do you all trust me?" I ask them all.

They all take glances at one another and then face me. 'Yes Alpha' they say, submitting to me. I lean back, in comfort.

"Case Closed" I say standing. I stretch my legs and arms.

"What?? What about the plan?" Aiden asks. The fighter, hunters, my beta, and Aiden all watch for my answer.

"Somewhere after the coronation will I reveal the plan. You must give me time to work!" I answer to them without really knowing a plan. They nod in understandment.

Just as I'm about to go wash my bowl, "I'm winning!" yells a voice. "No, I'm winning!" yells another. When Drake and Siege walk into the room pushing and shoving while eating their cereal down and spilling milk and junk all over their clothes.

Everybody watches them awkwardly.
"What did we miss?" Drake asks as Siege has a confused look on his face.
_______________________

The sky glistened with stars. It was close to time to be coronated. I phase into my wolf form. There's blood rubbed into my dark brown fur on my head, matching my hair. My eyes glow yellow as the moon is close to full, a week away. That's the official date of my crowning. The moment I howl to the moon, to have the wind carry my voice as the whole clan knows their new Alpha.

For now, it was the pack. I take my stand as everyone is ready. I hear beat full noises of music as I walk up. Moonlight flit music. I get down the isle with the red carpet and dead flowers and I sit on the rock in the end. The music stops.

'As many of you know... Alpha Raymond has been killed by a rival clan. But this isn't the end. We still have his loyal son Derek by our side. And although he is young, we believe him to be our new protector. So I hereby name him, Alpha Derek' Aiden mind links us all. And once the moonlight hits the exact spot in sitting, my pack starts howling. Some in unison and some out of order. In the end, I was the leader, and it was my job, to protect my people...