Chapter 4

Aarai's POV--

I wasn't sure if she was human, wolf, or what, but I was gonna get to know her a little bit.

Once we go in, all smells hit me in the face. One is of Fried Bacon, another is Cooked Ham, there was few pieces of chopped fish, and yet, her smell was bigger than even the burgers and friends. She had that Cinnamon Bun and Milk smell to her.

She seemed comfortable with the surroundings once inside. She sniffed the at and ran to a seat. I followed after. "Ahh... I always WANTED to go to an old school diner!" She tells me. I chuckle at that. "Well, there's not many left in the world ya know" I educate her. She takes a look at the menu. "Hungry?" I ask.

She nods as soon as I finish the sentence. Ok whaddya want?" I ask her with a short smile.

"I want the Jerry Burger! No no- The Jerfries! Nah- wait give me the Tuna Wrap... HOLD ON I want the Baked Alaska!! Nope nope, I think that the salad best suits me..." She starts. "But- I'm not in the mood for salad..." She sounds terribly sad.

"How about, we both get bacon pizza minis?" I ask. I smile and nod.

This cute waitress comes out and tries to take our order. I smile at her as she says hi to me. I hear a deep growl and look around for the culprit until my eyes land Christian.

"Did you hear a growl?" I ask. She uncovers her mouth and sits up from her low position.

"Uhh.. Nope! Keep moving." I tell him as she takes our orders. "Would you like some of our complementary iced tea?" The blonde asks me. "Or maybe our Very Merry Jerry Cherry Cupcake Special?" She asks Christian. She just pouts and looks away.

"No thanks" I simply answer. I can tell Christian doesn't want any. As a wolf, basically half dog, I can't eat sweets and sugar.. It's like an allergy. It makes me sick to my stomach and its gross to even look at.

The mere smell has me gagging for fresh air.

The only smell of sweets that I can tolerate, is Christians.

When the waitress leaves, she turns back and looks at the table. "What?" She asks. She's more comfortable than when we met. That's good she's warming up to me.
____________________

After a while of sitting there, our orders come. Once the plates are sat down, she claps her hands together, praying style, while her eyes glisten at the food.

"Hhhhh" she says. "This looks so delicious!" She tells me. "Yup! I grew up here. Jerry makes THE BEST food in town. I couldn't not bring ya here" I tell her.

She takes a big bite of the bacon pizza and her eyes water. She takes the piece and chews. Once she closes her eyes, tears fall. "It's so good" she says, mouth full. I can't help but laugh at how cute it is that she's enjoying the food.

I start drinking water on the table as tea makes me sick as well.

"So!" I start.
"So?" She asks.
"Where are you from?" I ask. She swallows.
"I'm from... Oregon..." She tells me, almost sounding like she didn't know.

"Oh, I've heard of that place, but- I haven't actually been there yet" I tell her. "What's it like?" I ask. She just nods and smiles. "Pretty good" she says, finishing it. I look down at my plate, I haven't eaten. I was too interested in finding out exactly who she was.

"You didn't eat?" She asks. "Nah, I'm not very hungry. You want it?" I ask.
She shakes her head no and pats her stomach. "That one was filling.
"Well I'll just leave a tip" I say as we leave the plate and I leave the money on the table.

•••

Christian laughs as she sips the water in a take out cup.

We were walking in the forest, it was sunset close to dawn and she actually opened up her window a bit, so I wouldn't have to pry it open. It was interesting learning about who she was. I couldn't stop listening to every word.

"Are you serious?!" She asks, choking a bit on crushed ice. I patted her back as she coughs yet laughs. It's a cute little laugh, which is once again another thing I learned.

"How do you even get these cheesy jokes? I mean really? The skunk stank to the bottom?" She laughs as she says. I nod with her leaning on my shoulder unable to walk currently.

"Ok ok, my turn" she tells me. "Go for it" I encourage. "What do you get when you mix presidency with a seal?" I ask. "I dunno, what?" I ask. "A seal of approval" she giggles. I laugh with her. It was fun.

But then, I smell something... Familiar...