Sir Lancelot X Reader (@galaxy-the-hedgehog)

Start from the beginning

It seemed like forever, but Sir Lancelot walked to the front of the group, speaking in a loud voice, "Now that I have chosen the 10 to work for King Arthur, I will have Sir Gawain and Sir Galahad remove the unneeded slaves."

Another two knights walked into the area, one a red echidna, who's spikes went half way down his back and rather large fists holding two swords. The other was a white-ish hedgehog, who's hair stood strangely, holding a large arrow head-looking blade.

Both, of course, wore armour and had a rather bored look across their muzzles. Sir Lancelot mumbled to them, nodding in a few directions. The two knights nodded in return and started to separate the chosen ones from the... Unchosen ones.

You looked around, noticing how the chosen slaves seemed to slump happily, at ease knowing they pasted the knight's eyes with a positive outcome. However, the slaves that didn't pass his eyes, they weren't so happy...

Once the first two rows were cleared, you crossed your fingers, wishing that you would join the small group of already three. The two knights worked their way to you, before Sir Gawain grabbed your arm.

You let him drag you around, before he started walking to the much larger group of slaves. Your (e/c) eyes widened slightly and you dug your feet into the ground. The red knight growled and pulled you a little rougher, making you trip into the group of unlucky Mobians. Landing with a yelp, you turned your gaze to the red echidna, who chuckled slightly, before walking back to the slave's whose fates had yet to be decided.

Hugging your legs, you closed your eyes. -How could this happen?- You had been dreaming of living and serving in this castle your whole life, and you weren't seen as good enough. What made it worse was that you weren't seen as good enough in the eyes of your hero.

Your chest felt tight as more and more slaves surrounded you, yet you didn't look up. You didn't want to. You were ashamed. Voices from the other side of the area, however, made your head rise.

"There are only 9 slaves here." Sir Lancelot said.

"These were the only people you pointed out to us." Sir Galahad stated, "Unless you missed someone."

"I did not miss anyone. You two missed one slave." The dark hedgehog crossed his arms, before walking towards the large group you had been placed in. You couldn't help but feel some sort of hope shine through you, and everyone else.

He started to look through the slaves, searching for someone lucky enough to be chosen to live in the castle. Lancelot didn't look down, however as he walked towards you, and your hope disintegrated for the second time today. The hedgehog walked past you, before grabbing onto a male cat, pulling him forward.

"Join the others." He commanded, and the cat nodded, running over to the, now 10 lucky slaves.

The dark knight started to walk back, before tripping over your depressed form. You yelped loudly as his armoured shoes cut through the back of your shirt and your skin. He hit the ground with a small groan, before sitting up and glaring at you. Or... You could feel the glare through his armour.

Tears started to fill your eyes with a mix of embarrassment, shame. Not to forget the fiery pain that spread over your back. Most of the slaves had backed off, watching as Sir Lancelot stood, stalking towards you with a look of disgust across his muzzle.

"And why were you in my way?" He asked, glaring down at you.

Ignoring the pain in your back, you crawled away from the now frightening knight.

"Answer me slave." He spat, "Why were you in my way?"

Your voice shook slightly as you spoke, "S-Sir Gawain put me here... I tripped after h-he let me go and... I f-fell..."