I know that I should walk away

“Hey! Dickhead, Get your arse up!” I heard someone yell, stealing me from my dreams. I refused to peel my eyes open – hanging on to whatever ounce of sleep I still had in me. Beautiful slumber was not something I gave up easily.
Ignoring the yelling I turned to the left, away from the noise, when I was held back by something... No, someone. Oh shit, this can't be real. I think to myself. Hannah is about to fucking murder me. As I remember Oli last night. I inhaled a long crisp breath of cool air, letting the chill calm me. My stomach does flips as I fight the urge the throw up. I was shaken by the guilt for sure, but was another part disgust? It sure felt like it.

Inwardly I groaned as I refrained myself from running... I was going to have to find an excuse for this. And soon.

“Seriously, you two,” the person spoke, causing me to roll my eyes inside my sockets at the 'you two'. They just didn't understand. Neither of us liked each other. “Get the fuck up!” I heard him yell again. God he was one stressy dude!
“I'm moving.” I heard the tired person next to me speak. I expected a rough, low and sexy northern accent to greet me. Not a rather tainted but posh London accent smeared with a hangover.

Holy fuck, that's Ben... Not Oli! I groaned again. My insides did more little skips, though this time it didn't eel like twisted guilt; it was warm and sickly... but in a good way.
No! Snap it off. I don't like him! He hurt me so badly! It's just the memories going through me, nothing more. I condemned it as I felt his comforting arm slowly move away from me. I missed it instantly and wished I could just pull him back.
I. Don't. Like. Him.

“For fuck sake, dude. I was having a good dream!” He complained as he pushed to sit up. I finally opened my eyes and looked over him. He had a bad case of bed-hair and his voice was sweet and sleepy. God I miss these things.
“Yeah, it looks like you were, Ben.” Danny – the sleep intruder – chuckled, gesturing down to his crotch. I couldn't help but to peek. Damn, must have been some dream.
“Shut up, Danny.” He nervously moaned. If we were inside he'd have thrown a pillow, but that seems complicated when you're in a field.
“So... who was it?” He practically sang. “It better have be me.”
“I'm sorry babe, but it wasn't you. What can I say? I have no control over my dreams.” Danny didn't reply, instead he simply pouted and walked away, no longer interested. Well cheers Danny, because now I'm all awkward.
“Was it me then?” I joked hoping to bring him back into it. This time it was Ben's turn not to reply. That's the wrong damn answer, Ben!

His face flushed to a pale red and his eyes averted to the grassy bed we were situated on. I kept my eyes locked on him, but god, right now I felt so shy.
“I better have been good in it then!” Teasing quietly.
“You always are.” He muttered under his breath almost silently, obviously hoping I wouldn't hear it. But I did.

With a wide smile I pushed up from the ground, accepting that I wouldn't get back to sleep any time soon. Besides, it is actually pretty cold outside and I wanted something to eat.

I jumped up onto the kitchen counter and sat as I looked into the main room. Cans and bottles practically made the floor – along with some sick and a good few people passed out – leaving the place in a horrendous state. God, it must have gotten wild in there last night.

With my feet dangling off the edge, I leaned over to the fridge and pulled out a can of Coke, as well at the essential ingredients for a sandwich: Bread; Cheese; Ham; Chicken; Cucumber; and Mayonnaise. The mix alone sounds disgusting, but it is honestly one of my favourite snacks. With a few wrist flicks and moments of numbness I made it.

I took one bit when Ben lumbered in, looking to do the same. Probably hoping to soak up any alcohol still left in his system. Any sign of the joking earlier had completely gone, and been replaced by an unbreakable awkwardness.
“Uh, morning.” I coughed.
“It's 2... in the afternoon, Melissa. But morning, if you will.” He smiled but I knew it was fake. Something was really troubling that kid. The conversation dropped there really, so he sat up next to me and we ate together in silence. Distant in my own thoughts, I savoured my meal.