The cracks in the pavement won't break my stride.

“You have to be kidding.” James shouted, standing from his seat.

“That's what I said.. No. I'm not. Black Veil Brides dropped out because they're dong a different last minute signing... So the band we're going to do ours with is them.”

“Can't we go alone?” Desperation grew in his voice.

“No.. I asked.. we can't.”

“That's fucking bullshit!”

20 minutes had passed and Ben returned after already hearing the news, in his hands were bags of items no one ordered.

“Someone's been on a shopping spree I see.” I joke at Ben, trying to lift the tension.

“Hey, what can you say, I found Hot Topic... They have a sale on so I bought like everything.” He smirked, walking back through us to his bunk to drop his stuff off. “Oh Mel, bought you some since you deserve to be spoilt.” A weak smile shimmered over his face, causing my heart to skip a beat. I ran to him, hugging him thanks as he handed me a bag of different tops and some new stretchers for my ear (currently sitting at a 4mm). I collapsed onto the floor between the bunks and took out the top shirt... my eyes instantly lifting towards Ben as if it was some sick joke.

“What is it?” He asked, peering down over my shocked face.

“You're kidding right?..” It was evident he was confused so I turned the shirt to see him... a band shirt of course, showing Oli, Lee and Jordan from their music video: Shadow Mosses.

“Oh. My. Fuck, I'm sorry, Mel, not your bag.” He laughed jerkily, reaching to take it back, before he fished around for mine.

“God, you muppet, I thought you were going to make me wear it for later.” I mocked, standing up to hit his shoulder. His chuckled lightly handing me another bag. “This one really is for you.” I thanked him once again before running back into the lounge to sit with James and go through it. All in all there were 4 tops, 2 stretchers (5mm and 6mm) and a 6mm plug.

I took out 2 amazing Drop Dead crew necks. Then a Love Before Glory shredded T-shirt. 'I didn't Know Tony's work was over here.' I heard James mutter next to my shoulder. But to be fair to him, I didn't know it was either. (A.N. Love Before Glory is Tony Perry's (P.T.V.) clothing line.) I smiled at it, I loved that guy and his band and all the clothing. The last made me roar out in laughter, as well as James when we lifted it up to see Ben's face, with writing saying “BEN FUCKING BRUCE SINCE '88” covering the front.

“Hm, Like the one with the hot guy on.” I shout backwards, before getting up with the make up I asked for I found at the bottom of the bag. “Back in a sec.” I murmured to James, entering the bathroom.

I looked steadily in the mirror. Hm, could do with dying your hair again soon. Blue? Nah, purple like before. I think as I open up my foundation and smear it over my face, hiding the majority of the many imperfections. Uncapping my eye liner I frame my glistening hazel eyes, followed by a liberal application of mascara. Fluffing up my hair a few more times, I decided to keep myself safe. I rose both sleeves of my crew neck and put foundation on top of all scars, blisters and markings... just in case I took my jumper off. Of course if you looked hard enough they were still visible, but on quick glance they looked more or less normal.

I dropped my sleeves and smiled at the boys. “Here, catch.” Cam yelled, I caught the bottle in one hand. “Dutch courage, my girl.” I popped the lid on the counter and downed half the beer, placing it on the side for only a second. The floor rose to smash into my face. What the hell just happened? I'm not drunk or anything. A great weight leant against me.

“Mwaha, can't get up, can you?” Danny laughed in my ear.

“Oh god, Danny, no. No. No!” I yelled, my face beaming with the first real smile I'd had in a while.

“Oh, yes, Melissa, here it comes.” He taunted, putting his hands on my stomach.

“Keep it down out there, if we wanted to here that stuff I'd watch porn.”

“What the fuck's even happening?” James spoke loudly, slightly angry.

Danny didn't listen, instead he continued to tickle me, I screamed out, pushing him away from me.

“Stop.” I pleaded, my sides in pain from laughing.

“Never.”

“Stop!” I asked once again.

“Hm, fine, have it your way spoilt sport.” He got off me and stood back up as normal, once I got to my feet he pulled me in to a tight hug, holding me closely. “You need to smile more, beautiful” He whispered before pushing me back towards the lounge. I jogged back in, my beer pressed against my lips. The boys were all jacketed up, waiting by the door.

“Ready to go?” James asked, his face set as stone, looking over me, concern flickering in his eyes.

“No time like the present.” I shrugged, catching up to him, linking his hand in mine. The tickle war with Danny had, somehow, relieved my previous anxiety. Besides Jordan was no longer a member so I wouldn't be with him anyway.

The trek there was rather boring, as we pottered around speechless for most of it. The guys walked into a decent sized HMV (music store) and sat confidently at the table. “Wait, guys, since when was this a signing?”

“Since always, why?”

“Why the hell did I have to come.”

“We wanted you to meet CC.”

“CC, won't be here though, Ben, and you know that.” I snapped slightly, shutting myself up quickly. The boys sighed in frustration as Cam turned on his chair to me.

“Mel, there's a merch girl back their, with our stuff. Oli is bringing his stuff to set up soon too, can you give her a hand.” He asked patiently, though obviously I was wearing them out and they were fed up. Still, I smiled and walked over to the merch girl.

“Hi, I'm Ali, and you are?” a petite blonde woman with big woeful blue eyes and impossibly long eye lashes told me. Her lips bright red, but from a female eye no lipstick had been used.

“Hi, I'm Melissa... Urh, James' girlfriend.” I stuttered, looking around the stool she had set up, half still empty but one half crammed with boxes partially unloaded. Tops, wristbands and other merch lined the tables.

“It's okay I've been told about you. You're rather lovely from what I've heard.” Her face lights up as she smiles. “If I give you a box, would you mind?” She motioned to the table limply.

“No, of course not, it's fine.”

I began working away, piling up our half of the table with the contents of the boxes, Ali working along side me. The signing was in 20 minutes and we needed to get this up, and Oli's soon. He had to get here now. Hollaring echoed over the heads of everyone around as we heard the lads enter the shop, shouting their 'Hi's' to the band.

“Hey, Mel, you helping set up me set up too?” Oli coos the second we finish our table.

“About time, looks like I will be since your arse has to hit that seat in 8 minutes.” We played about as we sorted the table, his was easier to set out since everything was already in order and the boxes only contained one type of thing.

“Show time, Oli.” Matt Nicholls yells as he darts from me, a wink on his innocent face. Ali and I sit back behind the table watching the fans greet them all, seeing how emotional some get. After a few minutes we both gave up, and she filled me in on the pricing of the produce. 'It starts in 10' she had mentioned 9 minutes ago. My breathing shallowed as the fans who had already spoken to the lads came to us, crying and screaming for certain items, service, anything.

“It sure is hectic.” I screamed over their racket.

“You should hear it at their arena shows!” I could only imagine how crazy it must be for her then.