Interrupting my thoughts, Nash piled in beside me with the biggest grin stretched across her face I'd ever seen in my whole life.

"Hello there Cheshire Cat.. Do you mind bringing back my bitchy bestfriend?" I mimicked, in the best sarcastic tone I could muster up.

"Well, you pessimistic bitch, I just got laaaaaid," she sang as her grin stretched even farther then I thought to be possible.

"Ok ew? As much as I would loove to go into detail,"I rolled my eyes, my tone dripping sarcasm, "We have to go find a dress because I kind of forgot to get one." I shrugged it off nonchalantly.

"Should've known." she giggled, giving me a knowing smile, that was just downright creepy at the moment.

With that, I turned up the music full blast and sped off to the mall, as Nashly, unfortunately, gave me EVERY detail to her and Leo's hookup on the way, to which I responded by singing to RadioHead louder and louder.

$

"Are you sure this isn't a little too much?" I mumbled very unsure of myself in the bold burgundy dress.

"Yes! you look gorgeous Madi, I wouldn't lie to you but I have to go get ready too, Leo is on his way." Nash gushed, way too confidently for my understanding.

"You invited that asshole to my house?? what the fuck Nash?"

"That asshole is my boyfriend Madison be careful. I'll see you tonight love you."

"Love you too." I sighed out as she left.

Nash had picked out a beautiful dress for me, since I was incapable of being a girl on my own, and my stylist, Angela, went with it 100%.

It was a deep red dress that was off the shoulder, skin tight and showed probably too much cleavage but hey, it's High School. I decided to pair the dress with red bottom pumps.
{ pic on the side }
For the makeup, she paired a red smoky eye with a sharp wing and bold red lips.

Since I had the entire house to myself, I practiced strutting around in the pumps trying to 'break them in.' Lets be real, I had no idea what that meant but the cashier lady told me it'd be a good idea, especially since I'm only 50% girl.

I pretended to pose for pictures, even giving the fakest Miss America Wave from the top of the steps,
that's right.

I strutted to the top of the steps.

But by the time 9:30 rolled around and he didn't show, I couldn't comprehend why he'd be an hour late.

I tried to busy myself, finding my energy for posing and practicing dropping by the minutes I counted that he was late.

Then next came 10:00, painfully slow and I was laid out across the living room couch, glancing out the window sickeningly desperate every chance I got.

At 10:45, my phone finally started to ring.

"Hello??" I answered hastily hoping it would be Cal with an explanation.

"Hey Madison why aren't you here? I saw Cal earlier with a different bitch? If it's because of what I said earlier look, you know it's always you over him I just got up--"
I couldn't listen to anymore.

"He never showed." I said, fighting to ignore my watery eyes.

"He stood me up.. I-I think I'm just gonna stay home I don't -"

"Mads you need to get your ass up here. This is suppose to be our night." She claimed, dragging out the our.

"You're my bestfriend and we will NOT let some DOUCHEWAD ruin our prom!"

"You're right... I mean I barely even know him anyway.."

"So you're coming then??" Nashly replied, hope lacing her voice.

"Grabbing my keys."

What could possibly go wrong?

I've already been ditched for a different girl and was most likely only asked as a joke in the first place. How could it get any worse? I cackled like a psycho, my keys twitching in my hands.

{authors note}

currently editing this book and getting ready to write part two so

CONTINUE TO VOTE BELOW

smut?

outfits?

music?

gifs?

texts?

longer chapters?

shorter chapters?

a cast?

-A♡