thirty-one

The last chapter of my book is dedicated to you♥️

I seriously want to thank everyone who made it to this point in my book or even just skipped around.

Ya'll Ain't Ready For This

Book One Finale

{quick recap}

My heart pumped vigorously as my finger tips brushed over the cold medal.

I snatched that gun right off of one of Oso's men's torso.

No thought went into my next action, as I raised the gun, cocked it, and aimed at the snarling beast.

I shot Oso.

And as Marco came barreling through the door in perfect time, I aimed the gun to shoot him too.

"DON'T SHOOT!"
The brothers rang out in unison as the barrel clicked twice, indicating it had been cocked again.

Ashton's POV

My heart beat quickened as I followed the barrel of the gun she held pointed at my brothers face.

Oso let out an agonizing scream of pain, causing my fingers to itch to inflict it.

"Madison, put the gun down, now."

My brother ground out, clenching his jaw, likely to keep from attacking her. I stood motionless, silent, letting my eyes dart around to each scene unfolding before me. Truth was, my brother would have never had her aiming to shoot him, if he hadn't brought her here in the first place.

"Why should I, huh?"

My neck turned once again to take in her angelic face, tears flowing freely down her cheeks, and I swear I would never get used to her raw beauty. Even in the wretched moment, every bit of her drew me in. The way her tears made her cheeks shine, looked as if she glowed brighter somehow beneath the dim lighting, something out of the heavens.

Wait,

what was I doing?

Here my father was before me, the most prevailing man to walk the Earth with only a bullet in the foot, slowly making his way to her. I was just caught up in letting my vexed Amaretto take out her frustrations on my deceitful brother, meanwhile I noticed he watched as Oso crept slowly behind her, dragging a dysfunctional foot behind him. He waited, knowing she'd never pull the trigger. He watched, knowing she'd soon be dead.

Rocking my jaw in anger, I stepped to her quickly, snatching the gun from her hands before she was even able realize it.

Grinning at the cutest form of confusion splattered on her face, I pointed the gun at my father's face, successfully spilling his blood and chunks of his head across the bodies that already lay motionless.

Now blood splattered her face, and as I waited for the look of horror she'd give me as she feasted her eyes upon the demon that inhabit me,