Chapter 10: Passion and Peace

A note from your humble author: The good news is – we're finally in Lemon territory! Mmmmm lemons. Don't say I didn't warn that they were coming!

Thank you to all the new people who are reading. I'm particularly curious to see what you think about this chapter, as I know some of you have waited patiently just for me to get up to this point, so of course I hope it's been worth your wait. Let me know what you think!

-----

Dantooin seemed quiet. Occasionally she could sense small animal life scurrying through the brush around her campfire, probably nosing around to the scent of her food, but too timid to come out of the shadows. She sat by her campfire and listened to the breeze sway the boughs of the trees. R2 was resting in low-power mode. She would wake him when it was time to leave. She had been waiting a day and a half, but she knew he was coming, she could sense him getting closer.

At last she saw a ship pass overhead, and she knew that it was Kylo Ren's command shuttle. She released a breath of relief, she could feel that he had come alone, but that didn't mean that he wasn't still dangerous, or that he wouldn't still try to capture or kill her. She had to be on her guard, but she also knew she had to make a part of herself vulnerable to him as well, or he may never open up enough to let her in, and this time, she was determined to learn the truth.

Kylo Ren's shuttle operated more easily with a copilot or a small crew, but it was not impossible for him to manage the controls on his own. He did not want anyone to know the nature of his disappearance. He had purposely avoided Hux when he left and only gave a very brief message for Captain Phasma that he would be away on a brief mission, and that if the Supreme Leader or anyone else important asked for him, that he would return shortly. Then he removed all the tracking devices that he could find in his ship. He was confident that this time he would capture her, this time he would make her see the power of the darkside, but there was still that nagging doubt. She would not put herself in such a vulnerable position. She would not make it so easy. He could not afford to fail, and if he did, he could not afford to be found out.

He knew the Supreme Leader would demand to know where he had been, and truthfully he was struggling to think up a convincing lie to explain his disappearance should he come back empty handed, but he tried not to think about that scenario. He was certain he would not return empty handed, and then there would be no need for deceptions. His master would be pleased to see him return with his prize.

He managed to land the shuttle somewhat ungracefully as he struggled to operate all the controls on his own. She was here.

He could see the light of her campfire glowing in the distance and so he stalked silently through the woods.

When he finally passed through the trees into her camp, he saw her gazing up at the stars, wrapped warmly in her cloak. Her hood was up but he could see several strands of hair had blown loose from her braid and were waving across her face in the gentle breeze. He ignited his saber.

She did not startle, nor did she reach for her saber staff, she just turned and regarded him with the firelight warm in her eyes.

"I did not call you here to fight with you, Kylo Ren. Will you at least hear me out?"

His anger flared. He should listen to nothing. He should take what he came for. She would seduce him into the light. "Don't be weak," he thought to himself.

"Why have you called me here?" he asked, his saber still sparking erratically in his hand.

She sighed. She could sense his anger and frustration, and she knew he would not make any of this easy. "Because I still need the truth. There are things I need to know, and you're the only one who can tell me. Please. I'm not here to harm you or fight you. I just want to speak with you. Won't you please hear me out?"