Chapter 30: It's a Trap!

"Where is the female now?" asked the Supreme Leader.

"In binders, drugged, and in her cell," replied Aldo Ren as he knelt before his master, not the hologram of his master, but his true physical presence.

"Good, but I do not want her drugged for long. I need her to bring Kylo Ren to me."

"If she is allowed to fully awaken, she would use the force to escape."

"When the time comes you will bring her to my holochamber. I will not allow her to escape."

"As you wish, master," conceded Aldo Ren as he bowed even lower.

"There is one other thing I need you to do for me, Aldo Ren."

Aldo Ren raised his mask to look upon the tall shadowy form of his master.

"I want you to tell that scavenger the truth about her parents."

---

The beast is running through the snowy forests. He stops to sniff the wind, but she is not there. He bounds over hard packed snow, faster and faster, until the trees pass him in a blur, but she is not there.

He stops on a ridge to survey the land around him, his heart still pounding violently in his chest. The moon glows brightly above, and he raises his muzzle to the sky and lets out a long howl into the cold night air, calling for his mate, yet there is no answer; she is not there.

He senses something in the distance and bounds back into the depths of the forest. He finds himself in the place where he used to meet his grey beast. He sniffs the ground when he hears a rustling in the trees...and suddenly shadows descend upon him.

---

"Ben?" called Luke Skywalker, and suddenly he was awakened.

Ben had fallen asleep sitting up in the medical ward on Yavin 4. His mother had been in surgery for hours.

"Is she?"

"She has survived the operation, but it's not good, Ben. She's in a coma. They have submerged her in a bacta tank, but there is nothing else they can do for her, but wait," replied Luke, and Ben could hear the emotion breaking through his voice. He had never seen his uncle so distraught before. The old Jedi Knight usually did his best to calm his emotions and avoid attachments, but Leia Organa was his sister, and she meant the world to him.

Ben did nothing to hide the tears the streamed down his face. He had failed. He had failed them both.

Rey was captured, and worst of all, he could not feel her through their bond, and his lack of connection with her was tearing him apart from the inside. He knew she was alive, or she would not have been taken, but he feared what Snoke would do to her. On top of losing Rey, his mother's life lay in question. Every waking moment he felt the panic growing within him. He had to find her.

"Can I see her?" he asked his uncle.

When Ben entered his mother's room, he found she already had visitors. Chewie and Ashani sat together on one side of the room, and Ashani was doing her best to calm Chewie who appeared to be distraught. She patted the large furry Wookiee on the shoulder as he moaned his sorrows. Poe and Finn were also there, paying silent respects, their hands clasped tightly to each other. They turned their heads as they saw Ben walk in, then rose to give him privacy with his mother, who floated motionlessly within the bacta tank.

"She'll make it, Ben. Your mother is the toughest woman I know," offered Finn on their way out. Ben simply nodded his head in agreement.

Ashani followed Finn and Poe, and Chewie rose and wrapped his arms around Ben and cried in his Skyriiwook about his regrets that he and Luke had not found her sooner.