Brother

*Misaki's pov*

Ren and i were woken up sometime in the middle of the night, Akio walking in looking worried.

All accusations and threats dissapeared and the sight of him.

"Akio whats wrong"

I was out of bed in an instant, already dressed after...

instant blush.

Akio raked a hand through his hair.

"I wasnt going to interrupt you guys till tommorow but... he woke and started requesting misaki, tgere was nothing i could do i had to come"

My heart slowed.

Please dont tell me its him...

"Akio take me to him now"

He nodded and the three of us were soon infront of his bedroom door.

I swallowed hard and held my breath as he opened the door.

One second i was at the door, the next i was on the bed, holding the sobbing boy that akio found in my arms.

"Soka what are you doing here?!"

The boy cried harder and i barely made out what he was saying through the wails.

"Theywaaaaaahhhhh kicked me ouuuuuuuttt!!! wahhhhahahahhhhh!!! Misa!!!!!"

I pulled him tightly to me and he gripped my plain shirt.

I looked up to see a very confused ren and akio.

I sighed.

"Ren, akio... this is my younger brother Asoka, he's only 7"

They gaped at me, obviously this was rather... unexpected.

*°*

Soka finally hiccuped himself to sleep in my arms, being cradeled like a baby.

He's seven but looks younger.

I growled harshly, gaining the attention of ren and akio whe were sitting at a round table in the corner of the room.

I set my brother in the bed and walked over to sit with them.

"Those damn town people! they freaking kicked a seven year old out by himself?! how low!"

My angry whispers were agreed with by the two vampire, them being equally angry.

"Just because i get blamed for something that wasnt even my fault and leave... they kicked a child out"

Akio started to look confused.

"What about your parents?"

I froze.

They were killed by vampires...

I kept silent and looked away from them.

I raised my brother for six years, almost completely alone.

my stupid parents, left us to live with some rogue vamps...

I loved them, but now i couldnt forgive them, they left us, and caught up in their own vanity with the rogues, were murdered... drained of blood.

But i trust ren and akio, because they arent rogues.

And now i would have to be hunting with the worlds most dangerous creatures, on a dangerous journey, and care for my 7 year old brother.

At least he's smart.

Its true, he far exceeds the 7year old level of thinking, with the way he talks, thinks and moves, you would think he was a wise old man.

because i taught him well.

He still had his childish moments, and i allowed them because he never got to experience a real childhood, no matter how much i tried...he grew up without a mum or dad...

only me.... i feel guilty somehow...

A hand roughly grabbed my shoulder and yelped, looking up at a rather concerned Ren, akio next to him.

"Why didnt you tell us?"

I looked at him in confusion and he knelt at my feet.

"Why didnt you say your parents where killed by vampires? and that you raised you baby brother alone for six years?"

i sighed, the contract must have shown what i was thinking.

It was a new thing between us but it was definitly working.

"They were rogues so its not like i hate all vampires. When i left, i entrusted him to the care of our neighbours.... tch! Some 'friends' they turned out to be"

Akio rested his hand on my knee

"Dont worry.. misa? we will help care for him"