It All Starts in Amunroe

#WARNING#

This chapter may be a bit disturbing to any readers with weak stomachs!

Enjoy!

Misaki:

I walked into the double bed room that had been assigned to me.

It wasn't overly large, but I wasn't looking for luxury, just somewhere to sleep.

I took off my boots, cloak and vest, slipping under the covers. I had to get an early night, so I could rise early in the morning.

Checklist:
Food, check
Bed, check
Supplies
Find the kids and return them home.

Two more important things left. Of course, that hinged on whether the kids are still alive or not.

I was almost asleep when a quiet knock sounded through my room.

I sat upright and pulled my dagger out.

The knock came again. The window.

I pulled back the curtain and there, sitting with a smirk on the tree branch, was the man from earlier.

The vampire.

I opened the window with a hiss, keeping my dagger in sight.

"What do you want?"

He had one leg crossed over the other, and his eyes flashed a momentary red at me.

"A proposal, young lord"

I leaned against the window.

What proposal could a vampire have for me? A contract? It would be rather useful... although I'm not to sure about the whole fangs sinking into my neck and drinking my blood thing.

I motioned for him to continue.

"A contract. Do you know about the contract?"

I nodded.

"Of course, but one thing first. Why me?"

His smirk turned into a grin, showing me more emotions than I'm sure anyone had seen from the vampire.

"I have been asking that myself."

I waited but he said nothing else, elusive little...

I played with my dagger as I thought.

I guess a bit of blood's not much to pay for a loyal servant...

And immortality.

It would definitely help in my hunt for the teens.

"Well, my young lord?"

I sighed.

"Okay, but I warn you now, I'm on a dangerous journey, and in my home town I'm not exactly liked."

He grinned again.

"Very good, I live for action"

I struggled not to roll my eyes. Cheesy enough for you?

I allowed him in and sat on the bed as I eyed him warily.

The vampire knelt before me.

"Well, my lord, may I receive a name?"

I shuddered at the hungry look in his eyes as he took the dagger from me.

"Misaki." He nodded and took the blade to his wrist.

I wasn't looking forward to this.

To form the contract, the human has to take the vampire's blood.

Then the other way around.

And apparently it's painful.

Excruciatingly.

I watched intently as he drew the blade across his perfect skin, creating a deep laceration in one, swift movement.

He held his wrist out to me, and I grasped it with shaking hands.

And with one deep breath I pressed my mouth to the wound.

He shivered noticeably as I drew the deep red liquid into me, the hot blood burning slightly as it trickled down my throat.

I wanted to let go but I wanted to latch on and take it all at the same time, the opposing urges only fueling the trembling of my body.

He urged me to keep going, so I did.

A fiery feeling started in my stomach as I ran my tongue over the healing line one final time.

I quickly gave him my wrist as the burning started taking over my body. Excruciating was the understatement of the century.

He sank his teeth into the soft flesh and I gasped, curling my fingers in the bed covers.

A small moan slipped from my lips and I bit down on my lip in surprise. What the hell?

I felt my own blood draw out and my breathing get ragged.

I felt like I was on fire, and not in a good way.

I held back a scream that wanted to leave me.

Everything went black.

Misaki and Ren, the contract has been formed, you are now bound for an eternity.