Shatter-The Family Line

I woke up alone the next morning with my dagger cleaned and returned to its sheath.

Had it all been a dream?

I looked down at my wrist.

No, it wasn't. A faint bite mark scar adorned my usually clear wrist.

Well, guess I'm an immortal now. Ren.

That was his name.

I growled angrily.

Not only was the idiot not here, but he was the most freaking famous vampire in the world.

No one could tell if he was good or bad or what.

I'd heard tales about his dark heart, about him saving lost children, murdering people of god.

No one knew him, guess I'm going to be the first to learn the truth. I am bound to him after all.

I quickly got dressed and picked up my bag, leaving the room and going down stairs in search of the idiot.

He was sitting at a table near the bar, talking to the old bartender.

I stalked over and practically growled at him, he looked at me and it looked like a smile flitted through his eyes, but he didn't show it on his face.

The bartender looked between us.

"You two know each other?"

I growled again.

"Yes."

Ren stood and bowed to the bartender, handing him the keys for both of our rooms.

"Excuse my master, he has had a long journey."

The man looked surprised for a moment but nodded and walked off to the bar.

Ren turned to me.

"Is there something wrong?"

I hit him harshly over the head and dragged him out the door by his sleeve.

"Oh nothing major except the fact you didn't tell me about how you are the most famous goddamn vampire in history!"

I fumed and let go of his shirt.

He was silent, but gave me an amused look.

"Come, I have shopping to do before we leave here."

It was early but the town was bustling.

I only got food for myself, it would be stupid to get stuff for Ren considering vampires don't eat anyway.

Tinder... bread...

I came to an instant halt in front of a blacksmith. Shatter.

The sword that had been stolen from my family generations ago.

I knelt by it and the blacksmith jumped at the chance to sell it.

"It's a mighty fine sword sir, only 50 gold pieces!"

I looked at him as I picked up the sword.

"Let me guess, no one wants it cause it's cursed?"

He went pale, then nodded.

At least he was honest.

"How does the young master know of this?" I snickered.

"Dear blacksmith, this sword, Shatter, was owned by my family generations ago. The curse is as follows:

All but those of the Shatter family line shall be cursed of hell upon using this sword"

His eyes widened.

"It has no effect on me because i am of the shatter blood line, Misaki Shatter, the last descendant of Shunsuke Shatter." I threw him the money and turned, placing the sword's sheath around my waist under my cloak to join my dagger.

Ren looked impressed but covered it up quickly.

I smirked.

"What? You think you were the only one with a famous name?"

He said nothing.

"Okay then, lets go, I want to find those kids, the sooner the better."

We walked through the small town, and suddenly I couldn't shake the feeling that we were being followed.

I looked at Ren, he was acting normal but when I made eye contact with him, he nodded.

He sensed it too.

And so the games officially begin.