Follow Us, But Be Warned: Your Death is Guaranteed.

*Misaki*

Ren and I stared at the burning vampire in disgust.

We had been sleeping (together) quite comfortably when the bitch tried to sneak up on us. I don't know what she intended to do, but if she had worked with the people that kidnapped the kids, then she wouldn't have been trying to kill us.

Sadly, the dummy threw herself in the fire when she realised she had been caught.

I guess if it was me, I'd rather die than give the enemy information too.

I shook my head and tried to block out the smell of burning, dead flesh.

Ren sighed, pulling me into a rather unexpected hug.

Red crept up my cheeks, heart fluttering. What is this guy doing to me?! Heart fluttering? blushing?

I found myself gripping onto him nonetheless.

Its the protection I've been wanting, the care and feeling of safety I've been so desperately needing.

I swallowed hard and turned away from him, not giving in to the tears that threatened to overwhelm me.

Why do I have to be me?

I could feel Ren watching me from the now burnt out fire, sun rising but not above the trees quite yet.

I feel unsettled, like there's something that needs to be resolved between us. I only met him two days ago but something definitely has to change...

I huffed and looked at him. He just arched a perfect eyebrow in question, pursed those perfect pale lips... perfect muscles rippled under perfect skin...

WHOA WHOA WHOA getting off task!

I growled sulkily and he stood faster than I'd seen any human move.

That's right, he's a vampire...

And a damn perfect one...

FOR FUCKS SAKE SNAP THE HELL OUT OF IT!

I groaned and shut my eyes, rubbing the bridge of my nose in perfect irritation.

He grabbed my hand and worry crossed his face. Well that's a new expression.

"Master? What is the matter?"

I couldn't tell him that his perfection is the "matter". Not unless I wanted to make him think I'm a freak.

Damn it all!

"N-nothing, I-I-I guess that w-woman throwing herself in the fire disturbed me a little more than I thought..." I lied and I knew he picked up on it instantly.

He dropped my hand and went back to clearing our tracks, a hurt look on his face. Great, I made shit worse, now he's upset cause he thinks I don't trust him! Idiot!

"Come on, you wanted to get to the next town before dark, didn't you?"

I nodded and tried not to feel hurt at the carefully emotionless voice he used. Fuuuck, what have I done?!

Great, now I have a pissed off vampire contractor who thinks I don't trust him.

Absolutely perfect.

I sneered and fought with myself, not even realising that whilst walking, Ren had noticed my inner turmoil and was once again feeling pained for me.

This journey is going to be god damned dramatic.

~Ochay ma luvlies, another short update, hope you liked it.

What are Ren and Misaki going to do about their confused feelings? Find out soon! Don't forget to vote/comment and follow!~