Let's Kiss The Past Away

A/N: Hey guys! Miss me? I'm so sorry for the double hiatus. What happened was that I was trying to take a break for the holidays, but then during the holidays I got really sick and the medicine they gave me kept making me fall asleep at the times I'd usually write, so it fucked me over. Thankfully I'm mostly better now and should be able to write again!
-Ben

Avi's POV

When New Years came around I was very excited but also quite conflicted. You see, the whole 'me being into Mitch' thing has sort of been an educated guess that worked out. I'd equate it to doing a difficult sudoku puzzle and knowing that there are two possibilities for one square. You can guess which one it is and see if the puzzle works out, or you can leave it and only fill it in when you know for sure. I did the former and I still need to complete the rest of the puzzle to know if I guessed right.

I don't know if I like boys, but I know I have feelings for Mitch. It's hard to explain. There's just something about him that makes me feel all tingly inside. He's cute, but somehow really sensual as well. He has a confidence about him that is enticing no matter who you are. I'm drawn to him like a moth to a flame.

The reason I'm conflicted is that I don't know if we're at a point where I'm his designated New Years kiss. Should I go into it expecting him to pick me? Or should I be prepared and find a back up, hoping he'll make a move? What if he wants me to make a move? Oh no, I'm not prepared for this. I've never made the first move. Everything that has to do with relationships has come to me, I'm totally oblivious to that stuff.  I guess the only way to find out is to go to the party and see how he acts. Yeah, I'll do that.

Later on, Kevin and I had prepared ourselves and got into the car. Alyssa was already planning to meet us there, so he certainly had his night figured out. I, on the other hand, was approaching panic mode, and I think he could tell.

"So, do you have anyone to share your countdown with?" Kevin teased, knowing I was freaking out on the inside about it.

"I haven't confirmed with anybody, no. And I'm really nervous about it."

"You seemed to hit it off with Mitch, do you think that'll happen?" He continued to tease me, flushing my cheeks with bright red.

"I don't even know if I like him that way yet. This is all just a hunch." I sort of lied, but I wasn't ready to be honest.

"I hope you find someone to share it with, bro." Kevin concluded in a sincere tone and remained silent for the rest of the ride.

We pulled into their driveway and could already hear the bass from the house. They have the music turned way up. That's going to make talking to Mitch privately even harder. I pulled out the bottle of champagne that we brought so I'd have a conversation starter when hopefully my crush answers the door.

"Hey guys! Come on in, people are just starting to get here" I get greeted by the tall blond roommate of my crush.

"Do you happen to know where Mitch is right now? I'd like to have a word with him." I ask Scott, handing him the celebratory alcohol.

"He's in his room touching up his makeup. I'm sure he wouldn't mind a visit" Scott informed me suggestively.

"Thanks Scottie" I simply reply, and leave Kevin with Scott so that I can go talk to Mitch. I practically run upstairs, only to bump into him in the hallway.

"Oh, hi Avi! What's up?" He casually begins, but immediately knows that I have something to say.

"Can we talk somewhere private?"

We migrate to his room and take a seat on the edge of his bed, facing each other in silence for a moment. I take that moment to admire his soft features, enjoying his feminine flare. He stares intently back at me as I do so.