Mind Games

A/N: Thank you to LittleCarokind  for mentioning me in her latest update, I'm pretty sure that's where all the sudden votes came from. Quick question to the readers, do you guys want drama, or just full fluff? I've kind of set up two ways the story could play out, and I'd be willing to do either based on popular request. Let me know and thanks for reading!
-Ben

I can't believe the events that transpired yesterday, I thought as I stepped into the bathroom for my morning shower. For starters, Avi texted me out of nowhere after Scott gave him a gift, so he must have been thinking of me somehow, despite having not done anything of importance that day. He invites me over with an uncharacteristically flirty text, and greets me at the door with a freaking KISS. Words can't explain how giddy I was after that. Avi's soft lips made sweet contact with my cheek ever so gently, and the butterflies that have recently made their home in my stomach erupted into a frenzy at that moment. I loved every aspect of the cute gesture, from the chill that my slightly wet cheek felt after the kiss to the tickle of his healthy beard making contact with my face, it was all just what I hoped for. He even melted me with his smile after pulling away. He then opted to wrap his arm around me as we watched movies all day, which was also really cute and comfortable. It was almost too good to be true.

Later in the day we had dinner together, which he paid for like the gentleman he is, and ended up completely flustering me by spilling his drink and changing into nothing but pyjama pants. I can't even begin to describe my new found attraction to his body. Avi has always had an attractive body, but for different reasons. At first, he was chubby and hairy, like a big teddy bear that I loved to hug and occasionally cuddle. Then he went through a middle weight phase where he started working out, but he hadn't totally commit to being healthy and still had some meat on his bones. He was very cute like this because he had muscles and enough mass on him to be great for cuddling too, like a slightly stronger teddy bear. Now, he's more toned and less chubby, but he's allowed himself to take on a full lumberjack physique, being hairier and more muscular, which momma likes. That's what I got to see yesterday, and it really didn't disappoint. I can honestly say that my attraction is amplified at this point. To add to this sexiness, he decided to continue holding me WITH HIS SHIRT OFF. I'm glad we dimmed the lights, because I was blushing profusely. He doesn't understand how sexy he is, and it's frustrating because he is straight up teasing me full out. Not that I'm complaining, but wow, if he keeps this up, it's going to be hard to keep it in my pants.

Before leaving, I had to take the opportunity to get another kiss via mistletoe. He whispered in my ear a few times before I left and sent deep vibrations throughout my entire body, increasing my heart rate. It's increasing right now as I think of it.

I stare at my reflection upon exiting the shower and try to read my expression.

"We're freaking out today, diary. I think he's on to me. Ever since I started thinking of him like this, he's deliberately gotten sexier with each encounter. This man is going to kill me, I swear." I said this all into the mirror while trying to fight the smile on my face. I'm not supposed to be smiling, I'm in distress! What is wrong with me right now? I probably just need a good distraction.

I try to leave the bathroom and start my day, but something urges me back to the mirror. I have somewhat of a staring contest with myself as I let my thoughts run wild. The thought of telling Avi about my crush on him passed a few times, but I instantly drowned it out. The next step for me is going to have to be dropping hints, being flirty right back, setting up situations where we can have some more fun, and certainly some drinking, I'm going to need it.

As far as my day goes, I have very little to do. We're in somewhat of a dead zone right now, and Scott is taking the opportunity to hang out with all of our LA friends while I stay home and rest because "tour took a lot out of me". In reality, I'm just anxious and introverted, so I need the time alone to recharge before the holiday madness. It's likely the same reason that I can think so effectively with the mirror diary method.

I start thinking of ways I can spend my day, and the rest of my week too. Avi and I had a good time yesterday, and we're both introverted people, so we recharge together rather naturally. I could spend more time with him, although I'm going to need a party setting to get anything else going I believe. However, his actions were a little strange yesterday, so I think I might try to hang out with him 1 on 1 a few more times, just to see if he keeps up the teasing.

Maybe it's a Christmas miracle and he likes me, who knows? I do jokingly ask for a boyfriend every year... It's going to take more investigation. All I'm saying is, he's certainly acting differently around me than before, which I'm hoping is a good sign. It could just be a response to me acting differently around him, so this is just a huge mind game. Maybe the fact that I'm noticeably crushing on him is giving him the courage to express that he's into me? The more I think of it, the more I want to have this discussion with him. I'm going to try to set thirst aside and make that my next step.

I finally exit the bathroom and begin my day after feeling like I've organized my thoughts. I've got a call to make.