Regretful

A/N: Hey guys, how was your day? I hope it was great! I'm still winging this story and I appreciate your comments so much because they help me determine where you'd like to see it go. If you guys have any suggestions or events you'd like to see take place, feel free to leave them in the comments.
-Ben

Avi's POV

After my emotional encounter with Mitch, I knew I had to update Kevin on what was going on. I politely headed home after saying my goodbyes and giving him a long, meaningful hug. Kevin was once again busy, but I still had to leave to collect my thoughts. I feel absolutely terrible about what I almost did to Mitch, and I think he really did like me. After essentially using him, I don't know if he still does, but if he did at the time, that would've hurt him.

I also admitted that I'm starting to develop a little crush on him too. I've done some research, and I think I may have found the correct descriptor for what I'm feeling. I identify with the term gynosexual, which essentially means I'm attracted to femininity, rather than just girls. It would explain why sometimes cute, flamboyant boys can interest me too. Well, the only one that's ever made me feel anything is Mitch, but I'm sure there's more out there that I could be attracted to. Mitch just has so many admirable qualities. He's confident, strong, talented, empathetic, sweet, just everything I'd need in a partner. Could the fact that he's a boy cause issues? Maybe. But I can't help but act on these feelings. I'd feel like I passed up an opportunity of a lifetime.

I hear the door creak and Kevin walks in with multiple shopping bags.

"I finally finished those errands" he grunts, putting down the bags forcefully.

"That's good! After we put everything away, do you have time to talk?"

"Yeah, of course. Something on your mind?" He prodded, starting to unpack what he brought home.

"It's about Mitch. The bet is off." I state bluntly.

"He does like you, I knew it!" Kevin teased.

"He might, but that's not the point, Kevo. It was so wrong of us to play with his emotions like that. Betting on his feelings was totally out of line. I completely regret agreeing to it in the first place. We could've hurt him."

"I did say it was evil, but that was mostly a joke. I didn't consider that it could actually hurt him. Is he okay?"

"Seems like it, but he definitely isn't happy about it. Now if he did like me, we probably ruined it."

"But Avi, you don't like him that way, so it doesn't matter." I needed a moment to take that comment in. He doesn't understand what it's like to be in Mitch's spot. Love can cloud the sexuality issue, so he still could've been crushed. I feel so bad about it still.

"It matters to him, that's all there is to it. I'm going to go lay down, come get me when we're thinking about dinner, okay?" Kevin nodded his head with a blank expression, likely reflecting as well. "Thanks Kevin."

I run upstairs to my room and plop down on my bed. I can't stop thinking about how it was wrong to tease him like that. Like, I was just having fun, but to him it could've meant so much more. In fact, I'm sure he was crushing on me, he told me he was. I'm sure hearing that it was a bet hurt. A lot.

Now things are even more complicated, because I'm starting to feel something for him too. If he still has feelings for me, something might happen, who knows? I certainly hope something does. Mitch is the only person who has ever been able to comfort me when I'm vulnerable. I told him about my darkest insecurities and he held me, despite me being a total asshole immediately beforehand. I don't think he understands how important that was to me. I end up picking up my phone to text him.

A: 'Hey, I'm really sorry. I talked to Kevin about the whole thing and now I'm just wallowing in regret. I hope we can get past this...' I sent, my hand shaking while waiting for a response.

M: 'I'm still hurting a bit, but I'm sure I'll be fine sooner or later. You mean too much to me to stay mad.' I smiled at this, I was thinking the same thing.

A: 'You don't even know how much you mean to me, Mitchie. I've never felt more loved than when I was crying in your arms. You're such a wonderful person.'

M: 'You're not so bad yourself, Avi. I can't help that I'm still attracted to you. Now what was that about maybe being attracted to me?' I'm at a loss for words, how does one describe the beauty of Mitch Grassi?

A: 'Well Mitch, I've decided that my feelings towards you are attraction, but I have no idea how to act on them, or if you would be willing to at this point. Help me out here?' I'm beyond nervous for his reply, it feels like it's taking forever.

M: 'We can try out some innocent dates to test the chemistry if you'd like. I know we get along as friends, but dating is a different story. You need to woo me, Avriel.'

A: 'I can do that 😜, when and where?'

M: 'Are you free tomorrow? I've still got nothing to do.'

A: 'I am indeed, are you down for a public movie date? I can't take my shirt off this time, unfortunately.'

M: 'That's too bad, I liked that 😉. I'd love to go see something with you. It'll be cute.'

A: 'Great! I'll message you the time later, I'm going to take a nap right now. Bye Mitchie!'

M: 'Talk to you later, sexy.'

Now I just need to pick a movie and a time and I'm set. Things are looking up for me! I really hope I can make the sparks fly.