Chapter 28: Murder 101

Start from the beginning

Shokō looked at the throne, which had at some point during the battle shattered to pieces. "It's broken."

"Doesn't matter," Krogh replied as the stone fell onto Shokō's outstretched palm. "Now, gently place it in the middle and then step back."

Shokō did as she was told.

The stone's glow brightened and increased in intensity until Shokō and Syèl were forced to shield their eyes. Eventually, the light slowly dimmed, accompanied by a loud grating sound and low rumblings of the earth.

Syèl and Shokō looked on as spiral steps ascended from where the throne had been, leading to a higher floor. Puzzled and slightly excited, the duo climbed the stairs. The stairs led up into a pure white room filled with several statues of a beautiful woman which were lined up toward an altar.

Syèl and Shokō walked up to the altar and paused, shocked by what they saw. The 'altar' was actually a transparent coffin, within which lay one of the most beautiful women they had ever set his eyes on. The lady in the coffin had soft, fair white skin and long white hair running down to her ankles. She looked to be in her mid-3os and had an ethereal, otherworldly vibe about her.

Beset by curiosity, Syèl placed his hand on the coffin. In response, a system prompt popped up.

Syèl looked at Shokō who had also received the same message

Syèl looked at Shokō who had also received the same message. She nodded her approval, and he said, "Yes."

Boom!

The coffin's lid burst off with so much force that it knocked Syèl back. The lid crashed into one of the statues as black demonic aura gushed out of the coffin and slammed against the ceiling.

"What the hell?!" Syèl cursed as the force from the dark aura threatened to throw him off his feet.

Shokō's gaze narrowed as she examined the miasma. She clucked her tongue and cursed. "Not again."

The body in the coffin levitated horizontally and then righted itself slowly, white hair billowing in the wind.

"Shit!" Syèl shouted and dove onto Shokō, effectively pinning her to the ground as Alure's eyes abruptly snapped open. BOOM! Several pillars suddenly exploded into dust and rained debris around the room.

Alure hunched over and then let out a shrill cry that threatened to burst their eardrums.

"One last thing," Krogh's soul stone suddenly said. "Alure has gone mad from centuries of imprisonment. It will take some time before she regains her senses."

"Now you tell us?" Syèl chided as he rolled away from over Shokō.

Syèl stood up, Shokō by his side as they stared at the goddess of death.