the party bus

"oh don't you wonder when the light begins to fade? and the clock just makes the colors turn to grey, forever younger growing older just the same." - golden days [panic! at the disco]

Brendon screams at the top of his lungs as they run around backstage, needless to say it's the messiest show of the tour so far, but it's the most fun. Brendon, still sprinting and screaming, throws Maya onto his back, continuing to run to the bus as Ryan and Amelia to pack up their stuff. When everyone else arrives at the bus, they're having a pillow fight, and somehow Brendon's still screeching, while facetiming Sarah who watches on with an amused expression. Amelia waves when she passes the phone, and Sarah waves back, laughing as Maya tackles Brendon. Ryan eventually pulls the two apart, and they sit down begrudgingly.

A few hours later, they're stopped on the side of a freeway, something in fall out boy's bus's engine had gone wrong. Pete and Andy are the first onto panic's bus, and when they enter the lounge they find Maya and Amelia with two straws up their noses each, snorting orange juice as Ryan, Brendon, Dallon and Dan all chant chug. Pete raises an eyebrow "Uh, what are you doing?" Brendon looks up, surprised by Pete's arrival "Math homework." he stutters, and his reply only makes Maya snort the two straws, along with some juice, out at the floor while she laughs. Pete pulls a face "Patrick and Joe are coming on this bus. Our bus won't be fixed for a few days so we're going to get dinner soon, we're meeting Paramore and All Time Low there. Maya groans, rolling off the seat to the floor at Andy's feet "It's no fun without Joe." she giggles and Pete and Andy feign hurt, before the door swings open again, Joe and Patrick walk onto the bus. Maya and Amelia cheer, attacking the two in separate hugs before Brendon declares everyone needs to change into pyjamas because they're having a slumber party. Pete goes to complain that they're getting off in a few hours, before Brendon tells him to shut up because "Since when did taco bell ever have a dress code, loser." 

The group parade into taco bell, most of them wearing matching onesies. Pete sighs dramatically, following them as Patrick, Joe and Andy laughing at him. Hayley claps as they enter, elbowing Taylor and Jeremy "That's tour style." She declares, smiling. Alex and Jack high-five the two girls "Snazzy suits my friends." Alex laughs. They all order, and sit down to eat. Eventually a song starts playing over the quiet speakers, and in the post-show exhaustion as well as travel-hyperactivity Maya decides it's time to sing. She stands on the seat "Give me a second I, I need to get my story straight. My friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the Empire State, my lover she's waiting for me just across the bar." Maya grabs Joe's arm, feigning a love-struck look as she sings the final line. Patrick almost spits out his drink laughing as Amelia takes over "My seat's been taken by some sunglasses asking 'bout a scar, and, I know I gave it to you months ago. I know you're trying to forget. But between the drinks and subtle things, the holes in my apologies, you know, I'm trying hard to take it back." The pair of girls are standing back to back on the chair now "So if by the time the bar closes, and you feel like falling down. I'll carry you home."

Brendon leaps onto the table to sing the chorus at the top of his lungs in falsetto "Tonight, we are young. So let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun." Hayley and Patrick join him singing the second part of the chorus, Pete, Dallon and Taylor all step back to film as the three urie's, Hayley, and Patrick all sing in the middle of taco bell at quarter to midnight "Now I know that I'm not, all that you got. I guess that I, I just thought, maybe we could find new ways to fall apart. But our friends are back, so let's raise a toast 'cause I found someone to carry me home." Andy and Dan begin to tap the table in a beat to match the song while everyone else sings along. Maya leaps into Brendon's arms, and Amelia does the same to Ryan "Carry me home tonight. Just carry me home tonight." Amelia kicks her legs out, laughing "Sing Ry!" Ryan only laughs, nodding "Carry me home tonight, just carry me home tonight." Pete glances outside to see the drivers nodding for them to return to the busses, and Brendon nods back, jumping from the table with Maya in his arms as they begin the walk to the busses, all yelling the lyrics "The moon is on my side, I have no reason to run, so will someone come and carry me home tonight." Maya throws her fist in the air, giggling "The angels never arrived, but I can hear the choir. So will someone come and carry me home."

She falls silent as Brendon sings the last line, stepping onto the bus and saying goodnight to Paramore and All Time Low "So if by the time the bar closes, and you feel like falling down. I'll carry, you home, tonight."

They sit up for hours, watching a movie first before playing truth or dare, then moving onto kiss, marry, kill before Brendon suggests fuck, marry, kill. Maya giggles as she turns to Joe "Okay, Pete, Brendon, and Andy." Joe pretends to think about it "I'd marry Andy, fuck Brendon," Brendon winks at him, earning an elbow in the side from a laughing Dallon "And kill pete." Pete rolls his eyes again "So not fair dude, we went to school together." Joe scoffs "You were like, three years ahead of me. I hardly knew you." he laughs, and Brendon sighs "Okay, bed time for the kids." He looks at the two girls lying on the floor and smiles as they begin to complain about how they aren't even tired. He rolls his eyes, helping them both up off the floor and leading them to their bunks after they brush their teeth. He helps Maya climb into her top bunk, before pulling the curtain on Amelia's opposite bunk half closed for her, he kisses the top of Amelia's head "Night Mel." he smiles, and she nods, giving him a half hug "Night dad." Brendon turns to Maya "Night kiddo." she leans down to hug him, and he kisses her cheek "Love you dad."

a/n: i felt like i haven't written a fun chapter in a while (for this book cheeky spon go check out my new book it's eternal summer which is an adopted by pete wentz fic anyway)

so this is just a lil laughy chappy i hope you guys liked + if you have any ideas for the next few chapters/improvements i can make leave them in the comments because i'm not quite sure where to finish this after msg which is in two chapters :)

grace x