raised on biggie and nirvana

"have you heard me on the radio, did you turn it up? on your blown-out stereo, in suburbia." - suburbia [troye sivan]

Brendon stands between Maya and Amelia as Sarah hugs them both. Maya groans "Remind me why you're leaving me here." Sarah laughs "Because, May, i'm going to an island resort with Meagan and a few other people. We're not even gone that long, I'll see you guys in literally two days." Maya rolls her eyes and Sarah smiles before she kisses Brendon and picks up her bags, getting into the cab and driving away. Brendon claps after closing the door "Right. We've got forty eight hours to be completely irresponsible and not have to face consequences." He declares, picking up a package that lies on the kitchen counter. He tears it open, and a plastic sleeve of papers fall out. Amelia picks the ripped packaging open, reading the address "That's my brother's handwriting." She mumbles as Brendon reads the papers "Holy shit." Maya frowns "What?" Brendon shakes his head slowly "God, they've just signed you over like that. They didn't even come to say bye." He frowns and Amelia shrugs "They're in Virginia by now. They don't care as long as I'm out of their hair." Maya hugs her, understanding how it feels when your parents put you second best to everything else. 

Brendon's chasing the pair through the house, Maya and Amelia squeal as he fires the nerf gun again, hitting Maya's back. She runs through the corridor, reaching the front door in time to run into Dallon. She looks up after she hits him "Hey Dallon." She smiles and he laughs, shaking his head "Hey little urie." Amelia and Brendon walk into the room "Hey Dall. What're you doing here?" Dallon shrugs "Came to chill. You guys look like the human embodiment of the opposite of chill." Maya giggles, hugging Dallon before the group walk through to the lounge. Brendon begins making a coffee as Maya pours cereal into a bowl, Amelia doing the same.

Brendon teaches Amelia a few more songs on the piano, also teaching Maya some more possible set-list songs. Dallon stays with them for the two days that Sarah and Breezy are both gone, returning to pick Amelie and Knox up from a family friend they'd been staying with. Brendon throws a snapback to Maya as Amelia skips down the stairs. Brendon starts the car, picking up his phone "Sarah's flight should be landing in twenty minutes, so we'll probably get there in about half an hour." He talks as Maya calls shotgun and Amelia shoves her into the side of the car, the pair both laughing. Brendon rolls his eyes as they close the doors and he pulls away from the driveway.

Maya doesn't see the car until it hits them. The vehicle skids in-front of their own car before it tips over as they hit it. There's moments of blank in her mind, where everything stops. When reality resurfaces her leg is twisted up and she's in agonising pain, Brendon's head is tipped back against the headrest, there's blood pouring down the side of his face, the steering wheel pushed against his chest. She twists her upper body as much as she can to see Amelia, who's mostly unharmed but unconscious. Brendon begins to regain consciousness slowly, as she begins really feeling the pain in her leg.    

The first thing Brendon registers is the pain, his arm pinned against his chest at an uncomfortably unnatural angle. Then it's the two girls, Maya screaming, Amelia unconscious. He can see she's crying for help, but he can't hear it. There's a ringing in his ears that won't go away, and he can feel hot blood running down the side of his head. Maya's leg is twisted across in a way it shouldn't be, and he can't see anything other than Amelia's mostly unharmed head and shoulders. He shifts as much as he can while he's pinned under the steering wheel, reaching for his daughter desperately. He holds her shoulder, and she turns to face him, there's glass through her hair, and it's then he notices the smashed windshield. Blue and red lights surround the car, people calling out to them. Brendon can't hear any of it, but he tries his best to tell them they're alive. 

Paramedics pull Amelia out of the car first, she was in the backseat, easy to reach. Getting Brendon out's harder. The wheel pressing against his chest is too heavy, and they're worried that it's the only thing stopping any major bleeding. As soon as they pull him out of the wreck he's instantly reaching for Maya, who was pulled out at the same time. Amelia's still knocked out, and Maya's hanging on to Brendon's good arm for dear life. He doesn't even remember what happened. He tries to think back, and that's when the headache starts. He winces as it grows, in the back of his head, a dull throbbing moves into a sharp pain. 

He slumps over on Maya, who screams for the paramedics, who take Brendon and place him on a stretcher, rushing him into an ambulance at the same time as they move Amelia into the second van. Maya's hurried on a stretcher into a third vehicle before she begins to scream, trying to climb off the bed to get back to Brendon. She fights the paramedics, but she can't stand, and once more she's placed onto a stretcher, and watches as the doors to the ambulance carrying her dad are slammed.

a/n: i feel so bad but it had to happen. 

hope you liked this one !

grace x