disneyland and dreaming

"baby you were my picket fence, i'll miss missing you now and then." - miss missing you [fall out boy]

"Maya has a boyfriend?" Tyler asks, Brendon's head shoots up "Maya has a what?" Maya groans and flops onto the table, only to be thrown over Pete's shoulder as she explains "He's not my boyfriend. It's Noah." Brendon pauses before realising "Oh, Noah's cool." Josh scratches the back of his neck "Noah's the one who plays drums, isn't he." Maya nods and Tyler looks back up "But you said-" Maya claps her hands, climbing off Pete's back and sitting in Tyler's lap "I said nothing." She declares, walking to the fridge and pulling a can of soda out, throwing one to Amelia. Amelia rolls her eyes "They aren't dating, yet." Gerard and Frank manage to enter the room at that exact moment "Maya isn't dating who yet?" Maya lunges for Amelia, but she skids out of the way "Maya and Noah." She yells before Maya grabs her leg and trips her over "Pete! Help!" Amelia laughs from the floor as Maya drags her outside. Pete glances over, weighing up his options before throwing Maya back over his shoulder and walking to the pool. Sarah sighs from inside "You're getting her a towel." Maya goes to protest, but she's promptly silenced when she's thrown into the pool.

They pick Piper and Sam up first, then Noah. Maya and Amelia are in the car with Patrick and Pete, who's declared himself the 'cool uncle' Maya states that technically Pete's not their uncle, and he's not that cool either, but Pete ignore this while blasting his own song through the stereo. Patrick only rolls his eyes. Somehow they all split up once they're at disneyland, Amelia, Piper and Sam running off with the overly-excited man-children of Fall Out Boy and Ryan, while Brendon, Sarah, Dallon, Breezy and Kenny all ended up together. Tyler, Josh and Jenna all stuck together, and Maya, Noah, Frank and Gerard walked together. Frank elbows Maya and looks at Noah, who's looking the other way, before imitating a kissing face. Maya rolls her eyes and punches his arm. Gerard laughs at Frank as they walk, Maya thanking him silently.

Frank's relentless in annoying Maya, and eventually Gerard drags him away, saying that they're going to find Pete and Amelia. Maya thanks him again, before they walk away. Noah grabs her hand and she smiles "Sorry about Frank." She laughs lightly and Noah shakes his head "Nah, it's cool. Your family's pretty cool." Maya shrugs "I guess they are. But trust me, Pete never cleans out his bunk on tour, it's gross." Noah laughs and swings their arms in-between them as they walk "You know, I really do like you Maya." Maya smiles at the floor and nods back "I like you too, Noah." Frank appears behind them "Called it!" Gerard rolls his eyes "Frank Anthony Iero, get the fuck back here before I send you back to New Jersey." Maya glares at him slightly before Noah laughs "It's fine." Frank laughs back and Gerard rolls his eyes a final time.

Maya and Noah end up on the empty bench-seat of Tyler's car, Jenna and Sarah were going shopping for another few hours, and Josh was with the other kids. Maya yawns, leaning her head back. Tyler glances up from the driver's seat "Lie down kid, I don't care." She laughs, knowing that if Jenna were here she'd have a very different opinion. Maya lies with her knees against the door, looking up at Noah, who grins like and idiot back at her "Today was fun." she nods "Today was fun." She repeats, lifting her hand up told hold his. 

When they arrive back at the Urie residence, everyone begins sorting plans for dinner "Who's staying?" Brendon asks loudly as the large group make their way to the lounge. Gerard glances at Frank who nods "Lindsey and Jamia are out with the kids, so we can stay." Brendon nods before turning to Fall Out Boy, Patrick and Pete nod, Joe checks his phone before admitting that he has to leave, Andy doing the same. Tyler leaves with Josh as Sarah arrives, Jenna leaves Sarah's car to say goodbye and get in the car with Josh and Tyler.  

They sit around the pool in the fading sunlight, Frank and Amelia get into a food fight, Frank taking shelter under the inflatable flamingo when Sam and Piper join in. Maya notices how every few minutes Brendon glances over at her and Noah sitting on on of the pool chairs talking quietly. She's explaining how she met everyone here "We were at Reading Festival when I met Gerard, because I left my pass in the dressing room and he got me backstage again. Then while the band was on I hung out with him in the dressing rooms." Noah laughs "Sounds like something you'd do." Maya fake pouts "Hey." She giggles and pushes her hair off her face as Noah looks around again "When'd you meet Ryan?" She smiles "I met Ryan on stage, he surprised Brendon at the end of the tour, it was pretty great. Fall Out Boy, and everyone from My Chem were there with Spencer and Tyler and Josh, it was super fun. Brendon cried." She giggles and Noah laughs again before they stand, going to eat.

When Maya picks her plate up from Ryan, Pete decides to yell "Use protection!" at her. Gerard chokes on the water he'd been drinking, and Frank hits him. Pete only begins laughing at Gerard, who had just spat water at Frank, who was now screaming. Brendon rolls his eyes and pats Noah on the back "Ignore them." Noah nods and smiles a little nervously. Maya however, has a different way of dealing with Pete. While he's laughing at Gerard and Frank, she walks calmly behind him, tipping her plate over his head. Food goes everywhere, and he's in the middle of it. Of course, this only causes Gerard and Frank to start laughing again, followed by Sarah, Brendon, Ryan and Patrick. Noah laughs and Brendon high-fives his daughter, patting Pete's shoulder "You should've seen that coming man." He shakes his head and continues laughing at the other man.

a/n: i don't really like this but i haven't got a new chapter out for a few days and i felt bad + promise the next chapter's going to be better

grace x