then i'll follow you into the dark

"and at once i knew i was not magnificent. straight above the highway aisle, jagged vacance, thick with ice. but I could see for miles, miles, miles." - holocene [bon iver]

She spends the next two days playing games with Bandit, drawing with Gerard and learning new bass parts with Lindsey. When the time comes for her to go home, she's sad to leave them, but excited to return. She waves to Bandit, Gerard and Lindsey as their car pulls away and down the street. The LA sunset is pink tonight, and she shivers a little as the temperature drops. Brendon opens the front door and pulls her straight into his arms, hugging her tightly like she's the most important thing in the world, and to him she is one of three. She smiles, hugging him back with equal force "I missed you dad." She buries her face in his shoulder, truly having missed the black-haired man. He nods "I missed you too kiddo." He insists on carrying her inside, she holds her bag with one arm and Brendon's arm with her other. Sarah runs in from the lounge, hugging Maya tightly "God, I missed you May." Maya nods "I missed you too mom." She hugs Sarah back, exhaling as the familiar feeling of safety that came with being home returned.

Tyler and Jenna arrive with Amelia a few hours later, dropping her off before leaving. Amelia hugs Maya for a long time before Brendon and Sarah hug her and the four sit on the sofa. Brendon's silent for a while before Sarah speaks "Amelia, we've been in contact with your parent's assistant, and they've signed the adoption papers." Amelia's mouth drops and Maya turns to her, the other girl's arm still around her shoulders "What?" she asks slowly. Sarah takes her hand gently "They signed you over, we didn't know about it until we got the call." Amelia nods slowly "Uh, so what do I do now. Do you still want me or-" Brendon shakes his head "Of course we do, as long as you're cool with being Amelia Urie now." He smiles when her face changes into a grin and she throws her arms around Maya. Maya giggles and returns the hug "Tour is going to be so much fun with you, oh my god. I'm so excited for life now." Amelia nods before Brendon pulls both girls into a hug, Sarah joins, and the four are happy.

"Okay, Maya you left your bass." Brendon steps out of the car to hand her the instrument before turning to the other girl "And Ryan's picking you guys up this afternoon. Have a good day." He calls as the girls nod and walk into the school. Amelia thinks for a moment "I haven't actually met Ryan. The only time I've spoken to him was in hospital." Maya nods "He's pretty cool. He's a really old friend of dad's, but there was like, six years or something that they didn't talk to each other. It's cool that they're friends again though." she nods as the best friends, sisters, part ways for their first classes.

"Amelia," The teacher pauses "Urie?" Amelia smiles as she looks down at the desk before looking up "Here." Roll call almost immediately became her favorite part of every class. It was the only time anyone used her new last name. And every time she heard it, it became a reminder that she was safe now, she was loved and she was in the lives of people who cared. She had a home and a family and it was more than she could have ever asked for. 

Maya throws her arm over Amelia shoulder as she meets her walking to the canteen "Hey, I missed you." She giggles and Amelia laughs back "Yeah, I missed you too. I was kinda wondering though, what do I call Brendon and Sarah? I don't want to feel like I'm intruding or anything but-" Maya frowns, stopping Amelia and turning to face her completely "Mel, you're family now. Call them whatever you want to. You'd never be intruding, you're my best friend, and my sister now. And that's all I could ever ask for, that I've got a family that consist of the best people in the world, and that we're all happy." Pete leans against the wall "Aw, I remember when it was me and the guys giving you that speech." 

Maya looks up to the tattooed man and rolls her eyes "You're interrupting our sister bonding moment Peter." Pete rolls his eyes back "Then I'll have to leave you two to go to double maths." Both girls shake their heads quickly "No. We're good." Pete grins "Great, I figured you deserved an early mark." They both nod before Pete leads them to his car, where the rest of Fall Out Boy are waiting. Joe throws his arms up "My favorite Urie's." Maya and Amelia laugh before hugging Joe as they get in the car. Maya has to sit on Joe's lap to fit everyone, Pete glances into the back seat as they drive "Technically you're not breaking the law, you're both wearing your seat belts." Andy rolls his eyes "Yeah, the seat belt meant for one person." Amelia laughs "Where are we going anyway?" Patrick glances into the rearview mirror before looking back to the road "You two are helping us film a music video, after that Ryan's picking you up." Maya nods and they continue driving, Amelia talking to Andy about school while Maya plays never have i ever with Joe.

a/n: short/early (for me) chapter before school ! falloutavicus dw next chapter is the idea and its going to be cool (i hope)

hope you liked this one kids !

grace x