body gold

"denominations surrender all control, to the girl that you love" - girl that you love [panic! at the disco]

Brendon piggybacks Maya into the Taco Bell they stop at, ordering as she pulls her phone out, finding Sarah's contact

maya: mom 

mommaurie✨: what's up may ?

mommaurie✨: are you guys off the bus?

maya: yea we're at taco bell dad's getting food now

mommaurie✨ is calling

"Hey mom." Maya smiles as facetime opens and Sarah, with Penny and Bogart next to her, appears "May, are you okay? Bren told me about the pit, are you alright?" Maya nods "Yeah, I'm kinda tired, and hungry. And I miss Penny and Bogart, and you." She sighs, and laughs a little as Brendon throws a bottle of water at Pete's head. Sarah nods "I miss you too May, and so do the pups. But this tour isn't as long as the last spring one. It's only two months." Maya nods, watching Amelia pull a hoodie on as she enters, walking toward maya and lying across the seat with her head resting on Maya's legs "Yeah, we miss you though." she turns the camera around so Sarah can see Amelia, who waves "Hi mom." She giggles slightly before Maya flips the camera back around. Brendon sits on the opposite side of the table, placing their food down as Pete and Hayley sit next to him. Maya sighs "We'll let you go have dinner, but i'll text you tomorrow." She offers a small smile, and Sarah nods, patting Bogart "Okay, tell Bren I love him. And i'll talk to you and Mel later. Have a good sleep, I love you May." Maya nods back "I love you too mom, bye." 

Pete whispers something to Brendon as Maya hangs up, and he nods before Pete pulls Hayley away to talk to her. Maya quirks her eyebrow "What was that about?" Brendon shakes his head "Nothing, how's mom?" Maya nods, double tapping one of her own instagram posts on Amelia's phone "Good. She said she'll call again later if we're still driving. And she loves you." Brendon nods, smiling as he eats "Yeah, 'course she does." he pauses "I'll text her later, but you guys still have air bags packed right?" The two girls nod, each chewing as Brendon continues "Cool, we're flying out at three." Maya groans "In the morning?"He nods, laughing "You can sleep on the way."

That morning the bus pulls up at the airport, and Pete carries Maya to the plane, Brendon following behind him holding Amelia. The girls only wake up as they pass through security, falling asleep as soon as they're back on the plane.

When they land, Brendon wakes them up. It's about eight am, and maya looks confused for a moment as the groups of band members walk through LAX Airport "Why are we home, we don't play LA until june." she asks, yawning. Brendon shakes his head "It's a surprise." Brendon leads them to a cab, and they leave the airport, Brendon instructing them to close their eyes as they reach the end of the drive. He guides them out of the car to a door, before opening the door and leading them into the house. It's silent for a moment, and they can hear a shuffling of footsteps before someone shushes them, quite loudly. Brendon, standing in-front of them, exhales "Okay, open your eyes." The two girls open their eyes, glancing around the room "Surprise!" the group in-front of them yell, Sarah standing at the front, holding Brendon's hand "I thought about a few things, and then I realised we wouldn't get to do something for May's birthday or your birthday while you guys were touring, and then Bren organised for the paramore and new politics guys to cover the show you're missing so you could come home and have a joint birthday party." Maya's face changes to a wide grin, as she flings herself into her mom's arms "I missed you mom." Sarah laughs a little, hugging her back "I missed you too."

They sit, just like they did the first night Amelia stayed over, around the fire pit by the pool. Maya sits in Brendon's lap, talking to Gerard about school and what she wants to do afterward "I don't know really, I might do a music degree at uni if I can. But maybe not, I mean I already have a career set out for me." Gerard nods "You've gotta do what's right for you kid. And sometime's that's going to change as you grow up, but it's okay if you change your mind ten years down the track, it's not going to hurt anyone if you do." She nods back, snuggling closer to her dad as Gerard turns to talk to Tyler. Brendon kisses her forehead "Happy birthday kiddo. I'm proud of you." She smiles "I love you dad." He smiles "Love you too May."

Later that night, in the early hours of the morning, she's fighting to stay awake, just to be around all the people she loves. Tyler's brought one of Brendon's basses out and is fiddling with it, showing Pete something he and Josh are working on. Amelia's sitting on Dallon, who's talking about a tv show that Amelia's been watching on the bus. Maya's sitting on Gerard, who's talking quietly to Patrick. Brendon, unsurprisingly after a few shared drinks, is on the sofa inside making out with Sarah. Pete glances up before quickly looking away, Maya fakes a choking noise and Pete shrugs "Look, you can't blame him, they haven't seen each other in like three weeks." Amelia rolls her eyes, somehow punching Dallon's arm as she does so "More like three days." Maya still makes a disgusted face "I'm not risking walking through there." Josh nods "Looks like someone's sleeping in the studio." Maya nods quickly, glancing at Amelia "Dibs the recording booth." She calls, Amelia sighs in defeat.

Gerard carries her to the studio, Pete follows him with Amelia. None of the men still sitting around the dying fire are game enough to find out exactly why Sarah and Brendon had been inside for so long, most of them guessing why and opting to stay out of it. Maya giggles as Pete brings a blanket in, throwing it over her after placing a cushion on the floor "Where are you guys going?" Gerard sighs, looking at the time on his phone and glancing back to Amelia, who's passed out on the studio floor "Probably outside, Josh and Tyler are staying out there tonight, Patrick's got an uber to his place, but Lyn-z is in San Fransisco with B. So I'm staying here." He turns to Pete "You?" Pete shrugs, sitting on the floor of the studio and lying down. Gerard laughs before yawning, sitting on the piano stool "I'm getting too old for this." He shakes his head, laughing a little. Maya rolls her eyes "You're not even that old." He looks back to her, smiling "I'm glad you don't think so." She smiles back "My pleasure." He frowns slightly "What?" She collapses in a exhaustion-induced fit of giggles "I'm too tired. See you in the morning Hes." He nods, leaning against the wall and closing his eyes "Night space girl." 

a/n: happy almost christmas from australia ! and by almost i mean i'm publishing this at 11:40 pm and i'm so pumped for christmas woo

hope you guys liked this proper length chapter feat. some old faves + i hope you all have a great holiday whether or not you celebrate christmas or any other tradition ! this might be the last vegas lights update of 2016, so just incase, i'd like to thank you all for supporting me while writing these books so far this year, and i'm super excited to keep sharing maya and her adventures with you.

see you all in 2017

much love

grace x