crawling back to you

"baby we both know, that the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day." - do i wanna know? [arctic monkeys]

a/n: trigger warning

Maya leans against a sofa, rethinking everything that happened upstairs. She eventually decides to go back and talk to Miles, only to find him with Rose's arms around his neck, his arms around her waist. Maya frowns "Miles?" She asks quietly. He turns around, Rose looking startled and untangling herself from the boy. He looks at her like he's asking for an explanation as to why she interrupted. She shakes her head "What're you doing?" She asks again. He raises his eyebrows "What does it look like?" Maya doesn't know what to think "I don't know." He runs a hand through his hair, frustrated over the smallest things she does "Why do you have to be so thick?" He yells. She steps back "I thought we were-" He laughs sharply, grabbing her by her shoulders and pushing her backward "Thought we were what? Sorry rockstar-girl. We don't get everything we want, not all of us can afford to be petty bitches." Maya frowns again, struggling to move out of his grip once more. He snatches her wrist, slapping her at the same time "You don't own me. You don't get to decide what I do." He screams, slamming her back against the wall. Her head hits the wall and she cries out in pain. Rose's eyes grow wide and she rushes downstairs as Miles continues to push Maya around, hitting her and kicking her until she's curled into a ball on the floor. 

Rose rushes into the lounge, Noah notices her first and grabs Piper and Amelia "What's going on?" He asks quickly, before the four follow Rose upstairs. Maya's on the floor, Miles standing over her "Look, you were fun to have following me around. And not a half-bad kisser, but it was never a thing. Get over yourself, fucking idiot." He mutters, hitting her a final time before Sam punches him in the face. Amelia steps forward "What the fuck is wrong with you?" She screams, close to punching him herself. Noah picks Maya up, holding the small girl carefully. Piper shoves Miles backwards, and he pushes her back, running downstairs and punching the first person he sees. Piper runs after him, pulling him back by his shirt and getting three good punches in before Sam drags her away. Quickly enough Miles and Piper started an all-out brawl through the house, people screaming and throwing food and drinks at each other, hitting and punching each other. Amelia turns away from the chaos to Noah, who's still holding the shaking Maya "We've gotta get out of here before the cops show up." She yells, Noah nods, following her downstairs where he and Maya are shielded from the teenage-warefare by Amelia, Sam and Piper. They reach the door and slam it behind them, walking into the cool night air. Maya shivers, and Noah sits her on a bench before wrapping his jacket around her gently. The five continue to walk away from the house, Sam tries to call a cab and fails. Amelia sighs "I should call Sarah and Brendon." Maya shakes her head, speaking for the first time in the thirty minutes they've been walking "Don't." She stutters, and Amelia pauses for a moment before nodding "We're taking you home though." Maya nods, somewhat sadly "I'm sorry." She whispers, leaning her head tiredly against Noah's chest. He shakes his head "It's that dick's fault. He's always been an asshole, we should've been there before he started hitting you." Maya shakes her head slowly "It's not your fault."

Amelia knocks on the door, a tired-looking Sarah answers "Amelia?" She opens the door wider to reveal the other three, and Maya in Noah's arms. Sarah's face falls "What happened?" She asks quickly, ushering the five inside and showing them through to the lounge. Brendon closes the door to the deck, walking in sleepily before noticing his daughter and her friends. Maya's still crying, and looks up as Brendon enters. His face falls similarly to Sarah's, and he takes her from Noah, hugging her carefully "God, Maya. What happened?" Amelia sighs "There was a party at this guy's house, casey, and almost everyone in our grade was there. You're gonna have to ask Maya what happened upstairs, but when we got there she was on the floor being beat up by Miles." Sarah nods slowly "The same Miles that was going out with her?" Amelia nods back "Yeah, he's a dick." Brendon frowns, still cradling Maya "What did he do?" He asks soft enough that only Maya hears. She hugs him tightly, resting her head on her dad's shoulder before talking quietly "He was holding me by my wrist the entire night, and when I tried to get him off he got all angry about it. And then I went back upstairs and he was with this other girl, rose, and I asked what was going on and he completely freaked. He was swearing and pushing me around and then Rose went downstairs. He starting punching me and hitting me and when she came back with Amelia and Noah I was on the floor and he was kicking me." Brendon looks over her worriedly, passing Noah his jumper as he checks her small body "Do you think anything's broken? Do you want an aspirin?" Maya nods slowly and Sarah stands to get it. Brendon places Maya in her bed, she falls asleep quickly, before leaving the door ajar and moving back to the hallway "It's almost two. You guys shouldn't walk home this late." He speaks softly, walking them to the three guest rooms and saying goodnight to them.   

Sarah rests her head on Brendon's chest, sighing "We should've been paying more attention." She whispers, Brendon pulls her into a hug, kissing her gently "She didn't know that we knew about her and that asshole. We just didn't know who he was, or how bad this got."    

a/n: i wasn't really sure if this needed a trigger warning but it's there incase + hi i'm back how's life kids i was literally gone for 3 days but i missed you guys

grace x