space girl and hesitant alien return

"sometimes there's things a man cannot know. gears won't turn and the leaves won't grow. there's no place to run and no gasoline. engine won't turn, and the train won't leave." - stay alive [josé gonzález] 

Gerard helps Maya into the car, Amelia was staying with Tyler and Jenna for a few days while Maya was with Gerard and Lindsey. The four adults had convinced Brendon and Sarah to let them look after the two girls while Brendon was resting and they were going between doctors appointments to check that Brendon wasn't going to go into cardiac arrest again. Maya waves as Amelia walks with Tyler and Jenna, Gerard starts the car and the three drive away, through LA to the way's house. 

Lindsey holds the door open as Maya walks through, Gerard carrying her bag. He takes the bag through to the guest room she stayed in the last time she'd been to their house, as Lindsey hugs Maya before getting back into the car to pick Bandit up from school. Gerard sits next to Maya on the balcony "How's the leg space girl?" She shrugs, holding her arms around her shoulders tightly before dropping them and sighing "A little achey sometimes. But fine most of the time." Gerard nods "One time we filmed a music video for Famous Last Words and I ripped a bunch of ligaments in my ankle. It sucked." Maya nods and hugs him "Thanks for coming to the hospital." He shrugs "No big deal. You're important to all of us space girl. You're family." He smiles and she nods again before a squeal sounds from the front door and Bandit sprints towards Maya, who picks her up and places her in her lap "Hello Lady B!" Maya laughs as Lindsey follows at a slower pace. Bandit giggles "Maya! How's your leg?" She asks and Maya smiles "I'm okay, how's school?" Bandit grimaces and sticks her tongue out "Yucky." Maya laughs, nodding "Yep. I can't agree more."

"You should stay more often." Bandit decides, her head in Maya's lap as the pair watch Ant-Man for what feels like the thousandth time. Maya laughs, playing with the seven-year-old's hair "I should." Gerard picks up Mitch and sits on the edge of the couch "Star Wars is still a better movie." He declares before leaving again. Bandit rolls her eyes and giggles, returning her focus to the movie.

"Good night Bandit." Maya says for the third time as the smaller girl clings to her arm "But I don't want you to go." She complains, Maya shakes her head "I'm not leaving, I'm just up the hallway, okay?" Bandit thinks for a moment before nodding and holding her pinky finger out "Pinky promise you'll still be here in the morning?" Maya holds her pinky out and nods back "Pinky promise. Now go to bed missy." She laughs as Bandit runs into her room and dives under the covers. Lindsey helps Maya to her room "She loves you. It's cute." Lindsey speaks softly as they walk away from Bandit's room. Maya nods "She's cute." Lindsey nods back as Maya sits on the bed, hugging her before Lindsey pulls the covers over her.

maya: hey gerard

favorite vocalist: what's up space girl?

favorite vocalist: you should be asleep maya

maya: i can't sleep

maya: leg

favorite vocalist: ah

favorite vocalist: give me a minute. 

favorite vocalist: get a hoodie and some sweatpants on

Gerard opens the door no more than ten minutes later, holding his car keys and phone. Maya giggles "It's two am. Where are we going?" Gerard shrugs "Haven't got that far yet. Let's go before Bandit wakes up." He laughs quietly as they walk to the car, Maya trying to use her crutches as quietly as possible as they walk past Bandit's room. She pulls the passenger side door shut as Gerard drives away. They drive around the streets of LA for a while before Gerard decides that McDonalds is necessary. They buy fries and continue driving. They stop by a beach and eat, talking over the soft noise of the radio. Gerard swears quietly as he picks his phone up

lynz: gerard where's maya

lynz: please tell me you're with her

lynz: gerard answer your fucking phone goddammit where is she

gerard:  yeah i'm with maya she's fine

gerard: she couldn't sleep so we went out and got fries

lynz: that was your idea because she couldn't sleep

gerard: hey it was fun

lynz: would've been more fun if you could've left a note or something

lynz: just don't stay out too long

gerard: we'll be back soon, don't worry

gerard: love you

lynz: yeah love you too you dork

a/n: aye i might continue this chapter tomorrow sorry it took so long

grace x