follow me instead

"and i want everyone to know, that i am half a soul divided."  - taxi cab [twenty øne piløts]

He's only awake for a few seconds, and he doesn't know where he is, he doesn't know how he got there. Then sleep consumes him again. But it's different. He can see things, like he's watching himself, but he can't tell if it's really him or not. He doesn't know who he is.

"I know we've said that we aren't really thinking about this yet, but I think it's the right time to start looking at having a kid Brendon." He places his mug down and stares back at her "It'd be nice if you at least said something." He looks at her quickly "No, no. I was just thinking, sorry. I think you're right. Maybe, maybe it's the right thing to do. I mean, life would just get even busier, with Panic, and the new album. But we could make it work, it's not like everyone else hasn't." 

They walk into the large room, looking around at each of the children gathered. They make their way around the room slowly until she points out one girl leaning against the wall. She's short, with brown hair and eye the same color, her hands are tapping on the wall frantically, like she'd rather be any place but here. 

 "What's your taste in music?" He asks with a grin, she elbows his side. The girl laughs, frowning slightly as she answers "I don't really have much time for music, in-between days like this and moving houses as well as school." his jaw drops "Oh my god you poor thing." she rolls her eyes "He'd probably spontaneously combust if he didn't have music."        

"Maya." they say at the same time as they drive back from the adoption offices. They look at each other and smile "She's the right age to be able to travel with us, and she was so nice. I think we should." she states, scrolling through twitter. He nods, keeping his eyes focused on the road.

 "Hi." The girl offers them the same small smile from when she met them and he laughs "Hey, I guess you know why we're here." she nods side-stepping to reveal the suitcase behind her. The five of the talk for roughly half an hour before the man sighs as the noise of kids downstairs arguing over a game controller echoes through the house "We shouldn't hold you up any longer." He turns to the small girl, smiling "Have fun, you've been waiting for this for a long time." the woman does the same and before long, he's carrying her suitcase to their car, and she walks up the drive way with the girl.   

The girl sits in-between them, they met the other men while boarding the flight. Three sit opposite them, the fourth sits in a different part of plane, complaining about wanting to sleep. As soon as they can, her dad, herself and one of the three other men sit on the floor in the middle on the plane, he declares they play truth or dare.  

 "You game, kiddo?" She shrugs "Sure, why not." He looks like a kid on christmas, bounding across the bus to another man, instructing him to go get one of his old basses and one of their smaller amps. The three sit on the sofa, he shows Maya how to hold the instrument, helping her hold it from behind with his arms over her shoulders, and how to play some simple stuff. Her dad crouches in-front of her offering a few tips. She plays the baseline of Miss Jackson flawlessly, she walks in, clapping. He grins up at the small girl "That was fantastic!" she laughs nervously "Now I've just gotta learn the entire set, right?" he laughs back, before his expression takes on a more serious tone "Not if you don't feel like you're up to it kiddo." she shakes her head "It's cool, let's get to work then."

"Sounds like a plan." They approach Meiji Shrine, surrounded by forests in the middle of a city. her jaw drops slightly, her parents smile at each other, her mom steps back to take a picture of her and the shrine "It's amazing." she breathes, he laughs "We thought you'd like it." she nods "I love it." she smiles as they walk around the shrine, taking it all in.