Chapter 18

Comet's POV

" Errr.." I growled. That was going to cost me...

The horse looked at me with starry eyes. *This is your fault, Comet!*

Akiza's voice! I looked at the horse still running around me, yelling threats in Akiza's voice. She told me how I failed...how this was all my fault. I covered my ears and fell to my knees.

" I'm sorry...I'm sorry!!!" I yelled in my head. The horse didn't stop! I looked at it and got back to my feet. I couldn't' hold the truth anymore, and I started to yell at the horse.

" I knew it from the beginning! The stars warned me that I would have to strip you of Black Rose, but I didn't want you! It wasn't because you were unfit to hold her, it was because Sayer was going to just use the two of you, and with that darkness Rosemary was going to become dangerous! She was going to hurt you, and I had to save the two of you before it was too late!"

The horse began to slow down...

" I love you way too much to want to hurt you...I was only trying to protect you, and I thought keeping this a secret would do that, but now I realize that it only made it worst...the darkness was beginning to form, and I thought giving you space would help! But I would never abandon you! I would never leave you, Akiza! I made that promise to you and I'm still keeping it! I have never left your side, and I never will..." I finally stop and the pressure on my heart disappears. I open my eyes and next to me the Starry horse nuzzles at me shoulders..

*Thank you, Comet...* Akiza's voice calms, and seemed to find it's peace, and now....I think I have found mine...

My eye closed and as I pet the horse's muzzle; a bright white light emerged from the back of my shoulders. The light took the form of white and surrounded the both of us.

The light shone, and when I come back to the real world I looked at my hand and see Equilis, the Starry Horse. I smiled. " Not so fast, Samantha! When I have the Starry horse in my hand, and it's force to the graveyard I'm able to negate the effect of the card that threaten it, and destroy it for good. As for the Virus card, my Milky Way effect protects all of my monsters from your card, destroying it as well!" I smiled as the two trap cards disappear from her field. " Now, Samantha, don't think you got me on the ropes, because I still got a few more tricks up my sleeve!" I smirked.

Well, done Comet! Welcome back! Draco growled softly, almost forming a smile. I smiled back at him giving him a thumbs up.

Samantha smiled and turned to me. " Very good, Comet, but I too still have a few more tricks." she played another spell. " Megamorph, this doubles my dragon's attack!"

Blue Eyes Chaos Max Dragon:
Level*********
8000/0

" Attack Draco!" she yelled.

I glance at Draco, and smirked, "Draco activate your Star tail! " The attack stopped and disappeared. "This effect t activates when he's attack, and your attack has gone one turn into the future,and now my life points are safe."

" Fine, I play one card facedown." she huffed softly. " Your move!"

" Now play the spell card Falling Star!!! This brings the attack points of any monster I chose to zero, and I'm looking at your Blue Eyes Chaos Max Dragon!" I smiled.

Blue Eyes Chaos Max Dragon:
Level*********
0/0

" Now! Draco attack!" I ordered my dragon to attack her. " Nova Blast!"

The starry dragon's eyes flared with stars and he blast the blue eyes dragon into nothing. I smiled and looked at her. " I end my turn.."

Samantha's life points: 400/4000

" Looks like your mind is back in it's rightful place." she commented. "I activate my facedown. The spell Blue Eyes Spiral Force. This let me choose one Blue Eyes on my side and double my attack." she explained

Blue Eyes Shining Dragon:
Level********
6000/2500

" Go!!! Attack Draco!!!" she yelled. I turned to Draco, and nodded my head.

" I activate one of Draco's ability, and that is that for every constellation monster I sacrifice, he gains 100 attack points for each one!" I looked at my seven monsters. " I have seven of them, now go combine all of your powers to Draco and bring me victory!"

Draco*******

4500-5200

" He's still not more powerful than my dragon!" she yelled.

I smirked. " I have a spell card, and it's called Last Shine!" I smiled. " gives me 1200 attack points to any constellation monster that is in attack mode!"

Draco*******

5200-6000

" Attack!!!" we both yelled. The light blinded both of us and everything suddenly when black.

Samantha's life points: 0

Comet's life points: 0

" Comet! Hey, wake up!!!"

My eyes flickered open, my body felt dead. " What happened?" I groaned, trying to get up. I felt a strange needle in my arm, the blinding light of the room, wasn't the same as in Leo's room.

" Shhh...Just relax, Comet." I hear Samantha's voice from next to me. I turned to look at her.

" Samantha? What..where?"

She shook her head. " After the duel, which ended in a tie, you collapsed." she explained.

My eyes glistened. " Why did you bring me here then?"

The purple eyed girl looked at me with wide eyes. " Comet, you were in really bad condition. We couldn't ignore the fact that you weren't eating, and because of you not eating you caused yourself to go into shock. So the doctor put you on liquids for now. She said your were quite lucky, if we had waited any longer...well you would be beyond our help...." she whispered.

I looked down, my gaze soften. " I'm sorry....but I'm not the same from before...This duel helped me realize the truth, and that my mission is not yet done.." I turned back to Samantha, and smiled. " Thank you, Samantha..."

She smiled back. " I'm guessing that you saw something back in that duel, didn't you?"

I nodded my head. " You're a Dragon Holder, but your powers are still young, and untrained." I stated.

" I know, but I am working...very hard!" she exclaimed. " and I know that I will successfully summon my dragon."

I nodded at her. " I know you will, Samantha, and I must tell you this, a favor more or less."

She nodded.

" If you do find your way to the city, beware of Goodwin...for he will bring the stars down." I whispered. She looked at me with wide eyes of that, but that was my message. " I fear that I may forget you, but my mission will alway find you again, I promise."

" Then until then, stay safe, Comet"

I nodded my head, and that was the last I saw of Samantha.....