Chapter 21: Second Taunt

Start from the beginning

Silent and still.

Rocky stop screaming but was still sobbing. I let a few tears fall as I recall that; that was a close one.

Very close.

If it wasn't for me, both Rocky and me would be dead now.

I should have known that he will pull something off like this.

I'm dangerous and I almost got Rocky killed this time.

I cried.

And cried.

I cried with Rocky. I cried because the guilt was eating me up that it could have been Demi, the boys, Faith, Marissa or Alec that would have been here with me and I would have cut the wrong wire and killed us. I cried because I almost lost my friend if I did cut the wrong one. I cried because I would've let the bomb go off if I was alone and maybe even let Demi go heartbroken.

I cried because I'm the one that brought them into this shit case.

We both cried for a while as Louise tried to comfort us. I let go of Rocky and lean against the wall with my head on it. My hands were playing with the gun around as Rocky settled beside me and Louise across our laps. I could imagine my face right now. Blood shot eyes, tears stains and a wild mess of hair.

I let out a sigh and said quietly, "Sorry about snapping at you earlier and slapping you." And turn my head towards her direction.

"Sorry about freaking out on you and being that kind of girl in the movies." I chuckle softly and said,

"It's fine, you were sacred anyway. Trust me next time when I say we're not getting killed okay?" I bumb my shoulder with hers playfully.

"Won't doubt it. How did you get a gun and a dagger?" She says curiously.

"I owed people and money was involve." I say and put the gun away. I could actually hear her nod and so I ask her another question.

"What's your family like?"

"Well I live with my momma and little twin siblings. They are Darwin and Darcy, they are so cute! And my momma, well in my opinion she is the best momma in the world! I help her around with the twins and house work." I nod and smile at her.

"Well Demi is great. I can't believe that she could handle me, work and everything else at the same time. She's strong and I already see her as my mom except I haven't started calling her that yet." I say and relax.

"Demi loves you a lot. She always look out for you and give you the attention that a mother would give. So what I'm saying is that she isn't going anywhere." She says and I felt a grin spread across my face.

I knew that was true.

We continue to talk quietly, getting to know each other and joking around when I heard a door open and a voice screaming out.

"They're here! We found them!"

I snap my head towards the voice, stood up and grab Rocky's hand. Whoever it was let us outside and grab my things and Louise.

Once we were outside, I heard a lot of noise. There were sirens, people screaming and crying, clicking and tires screeching. I felt Rocky let go of me and yelled,

"MOMMA!" And ran to wherever her mom is. I turn around, trying to find Demi's voice when I heard,

"JAMIE!" And footsteps running over to me. I was tackle to the ground as she hug the living life out of me.

She sob into my hair as she say to herself 'your safe' again and again. I smile and hug her back as tightly.

"I'm okay Dems." I whisper into her ear. She let out another sob and pull me up to my feet, wrap her arms around my waist and spin me around. I hold onto her as she finish and set me down. I wrap my arms around her tightly and bury my face in her chest.

"Don't fucking scare me like that ever again. Do you hear me?! I couldn't fucking drive good enough thinking that something happen to you or that you were hurt because I couldn't stop crying. When I heard the police calling me saying that my house exploded and ask me that if you were home which I answer with an yes and end up telling me that you could have been in the explosion. I was a fucking mess that I almost crash. Don't scare me, I need you." She says and whisper the last part, her voice heartbroken.

I hug her tightly if possible and say, "I can't promise that I might end up scaring you from now on but I do need you also. I'm here now Dems."

Her arms tighten around my waist and she says, "I fucking love you. I fucking love you so much baby girl. I want to be your mom. I love you so much."

"You are, Dem. You fucking are." I mumble into her shirt.

"Your going to be the death of me, you know that baby?" I didn't say anything, only stayed in her arms, seeing as she didn't want to let me go anytime soon.

Her words whirled around in my head.

I just hope I really don't want to be the death of her, literally.

"After all of this clears up, how about in three weeks we go to Texas, to meet our family and get away from all of this, yeah?" I tune back into Demi and nodded.

"Okay, Texas. Family, meeting. Three weeks, got it." I say and smile at her in agreement.

Right there and then, I knew what that was all about.

The second taunt was officially done.

~Mystery Person~

"Mission failed, boss."

I growl through the phone and punch the guy next to me.

"What do you mean 'mission failed'?! I expected it to go well, you bastard!" I roar into the phone.

"She somehow survive it with another girl boss." He whisper, scared into the phone.

Glad to know that I have them where I want them to be.

"Come back here this-" I was cut off.

How dare he interrupt me!

"Wait boss, the mother is going to Texas with the girl in three weeks is what I'm hearing now."

Hmm, at least some good news.

"Come back here." I hung up. I threw the phone against the wall, it wasn't important to me now.

All I needed was that girl.

"Boys! Pack up! We're going to Texas!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I THINK I WATCH TO MUCH MOVIES!!! O.O xD

That was extreme!!

A little too extreme but I don't care.

I like it! The KA-BOOM thing and the bomb and all that!

I always wanted to blow up something!

And I did! Well technically it wasn't real but you get what I mean!

Any ideas who the mysterious person was? :D

I like the action pack here and this book being different so yeah xD

Whatever, ignore my little rant of awesomeness and vote, comment and all the kind of stuff! :D

Yes? No? Fine by me xD