Of course, he slept naked.

Because what else could possibly make my painful erection any better?

I wet my lips at the sight of him, amazed at how accurate my dream had been. I swallowed hard and pulled the blankets up, despite the way my cock weeped to be buried inside him. Ambrosius didn't even wake when I moved the blankets. He slept deeply. He didn't snore or growl. It was a soft breathing that could lull me to sleep if I stayed any longer, so I forced myself to leave the room, closing the door as quietly as possible behind me.

"Midnight romp?" A voice asked. I snapped my head to see Anza coming toward me. I frowned, stepping away from the door as she approached.

"I just... I had to make sure he was all right." I said at last. Anza arched a brow over the top of her aviators, ones she didn't really need to wear this time a night, but for some reason, still preferred them.

"He's fine, I checked on 'im half an hour ago," She assured, then paused to push her sunglasses down to look into my face more clearly with eerie brown eyes flashing red for a moment, "You lookin' a bit pale there, cowboy. Anythin' the matter?" I shifted a bit uncomfortably, hoping she was ignoring the tent in my pants out of politeness and I could feel Remi's ring burning my finger in irritation at being woken up by our voices.

"Nothing. I just had a weird feeling. Keep an eye on him for me, won't you?" I asked. Anza nodded slowly, then stepped back to put her hands on her hips.

"Ya know, you're goin' 'bout flirtin' the wrong way."

"No offense, Anza, but I'm not taking your advice after you copped a feel on my sister." I deadpanned. Anza flashed me a dashing smile, reaching up to push on her glasses so they hid her eyes again, but not before I saw another flash of red.

"She's a real pain in the ass, yer sister... But her body is totally my type. But this ain't 'bout my preferences, devil spawn. This is 'bout yours. If you want Ambrosius, ya gotta show 'im that you're willin' to do anythin' to be with him. Ain't nothin' better than knowin' someone'd give up all they got just to be with you and make ya happy. But that's all the wisdom yer gettin' outta me tonight. I got watch duty tonight, and you gotta be wakin' up early to make sure yer fine sister don't kill that wraith downstairs. Who, by the way, snores like a dyin' cow in the middle 'o July." She informed, pronouncing "July" with a hard "U". She gave me a salute, then sauntered on past me. I watched her go before returning to my room, but it was incredibly difficult to sleep with everything whirling around my head at once.

There was the problem with the wraiths. It was putting all our lives in danger and I don't think we could wait until Lucifer showed up with Hades to solve the problem. We needed to finish it now and the only way to attack effectively was to jump them when they least expected it, but we couldn't do that until we knew where they were located and only Castiel knew that. Except the little shit wasn't saying a word, no matter what we did.

Then there was Ambrosius, and he was a whole new world of problems. I wanted him to open up and express himself healthily. I didn't want him to become addicted to drugs just so he could feel a modicum of freedom. I wanted him to open his eyes and realize that he was an adult, he was a person. He could do what he wanted on his own and he didn't need to fear his father. Then there was the fact that Ambrosius had his own secrets, secrets he'd never bothered to delve into and now it had sparked my curiosity and I had to know what Ambrosius was too scared to find out.

And maybe, just maybe it could help me figure Ambrosius out. I was desperate to find a way to make him feel alive, not like some mindless soldier to be there for his father's beck and call.

Unable to sleep, I went to my office and filled out more reports, allowed more souls to pass onto their proper destinations. I checked on Castiel at some point and he was fast asleep, chained to the bed with enchanted chains Dev had summoned for him, and Anza had been right-- the wraith snored so horribly, I could hear him from the hallway.