Chapter 31

*Dan's P.O.V*

Christmas day was finally here and that meant it was also my birthday. Being an only child and with me now being 18 my parents let me sleep in and we opened presents once I was awake. I knew Mom and Dad were up as well and my Auntie because I could hear them moving about downstairs but before going down I wanted to check my phone to see if I had anything from Jess. On the lock screen it said I had one message off her and that she'd also tagged me in an Instagram picture. I unlocked my phone and went to the text messaged first and read it.

Girlfriend: Happy Birthday baby and Merry Christmas. Love you so much.

I looked at what time she'd sent it to see it was around 8. I then looked at what time it was now and saw it was about half 8, she hadn't been up long. I quickly texted her back, hoping she'd reply soon. 

Dan: Thank you baby and Merry Christmas. Did your Mom like her earrings?

She replies almost immediately.

Girlfriend: Yes she did, I'll facetime you later?

Dan: Good and can't wait.

With that I clicked the home screen and went to Instagram and to my notifications. There I selected to look at the picture Jess had posted. Once it had loaded it was a picture of us from Halloween and underneath she had put the caption: Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to the Mickey to my Minnie. She was so cute and I couldn't help the smile that overtook my lips. I quickly commented a heart before replying to the text the boys had sent me.

Finally I decided to get up and go grace my family with my presence. Before though I grabbed a tshirt and slipped it over my head then ran my hands through my hair to tidy it up a bit. Once I thought I looked presentable enough for my family I headed downstairs.

I could hear them all in the living room when I reached the bottom on the stairs so I took a left and entered the room as a yawn left my mouth.

"Morning everyone. Merry Christmas." I say rounding the couch and everyone looked up at me.

"Morning, baby, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday. Sit down, would you like a coffee?" Mom asks me, giving me a hug.

"Sure that would be great, thanks Mom." I say, taking the seat she was sat in.

My Dad and Auntie also wished my both a Merry Christmas whilst we waited for my. I could see all the presents under the tree and the small amount reminded me of this day when I was young. Most people used to think that with my birthday being the same day as Christmas I would of got about 10 presents but half for each occasion. However I, not wanting to sound spoilt, used to get a big pile and it was halved so I get at least 20-30 presents. Now though I'd only get really one big present that cost a fair bit of money.

Mom joined us once again, handing me my coffee before sitting in front of the tree. She started handing us the presents to get them sorted but she left one under the tree. In our house we did it so one person opened them at once.

This year Dad was going first so he started to open his presents as we watched it. He got a wallet, some new tools and some books by his favorite author. He thanked us all and kissed my Mom on the cheek.

My Auntie went next with her small pile of presents. She got a necklace off my Mom and Dad and I bought her a $50 voucher for her favorite shop. She thanked us all with a smile before placing her gifts on the floor next to her chair and picking up her mug to take a sip from it.

Mom started to unwrap her gifts then. Looks like I'm going last. Her present off my Dad was a new watch, my auntie bought her a purse and I'd bought her a charm that said Mom on it for her Pandora bracelet. She got up and hugged us all before sitting back down.

Finally I reached for my first present and read the tag. It said: "Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas from Auntie Karen." I smiled at her before starting to unwrap it. Once all the paper was off I saw it was a t shirt from Hollister. I said a quick thank you before picking up the second present. I read the tag and this one read: "Merry Christmas from Mom and Dad." I quickly unwrapped it and saw it was some new Calvin Klein Boxers. As I looked up Mom was handing me the last present from under the tree.

"Happy 18th Birthday Dan." She said with I smile.

I gave her and my dad a look of confusion before starting to unwrap it. When I did I was face with a small cardboard box. When I opened it I was faced with a set of car keys with a Range Rover logo on them. Instead of saying anything I rushed outside and there it was, a brand new Land Rover Range Rover Evoque in white.

I turned round and both my parents were stood there.

"I can't believe you did this." I say, pulling them both into a hug.

"Happy Birthday Son." My Dad says with a chuckle.

Once we stop hugging I open Snapchat and take a picture of the car before posting it to my story with the caption: Happy Birthday to me.

...

Finally the 27th had arrived and that meant I was finally going to see Jess. I'd got up early and it was about 10am now. I'd just finished putting my suitcase in the back of my car. My auntie had already set of about a half hour before and I was about to set of to go to pick Tyler up.

"Right I'll see you guys next year." I joke to my parents as I wasn't going to see them till a few days into 2017.

"Be careful, text me when you get there and behave. Ring if you need anything." Mom says, pulling me into a hug.

"But most importantly, have fun. Baby he'll be fine." My Dad says, pulling my Mom to his side once she lets me go.

I laugh and shake his hand before getting into my new car. I start the engine and as I leave the drive I send them a wave and I'm on my way.

Soon enough I'm in front of Tyler's and I sound the horn to let him know I've arrived. He comes out the house with his Mom and I send her a wave which she sends one back. Tyler gives her a hug before walking over to the car, putting his suitcase with mine before climbing into the passenger seat.

"Wow nice car mate, it's even better in person." He says, admiring it.

"It's amazing, I still can't believe it's mine." I tell him, laughing.

"You better believe it." He says, turning the aux on and blaring the new song Could you love me? By Black Saint through the speakers.

...

After a few hours of driving we finally make it to Houston and Tyler asks to be dropped off at Poppy's house straight away. I agree so I can go see Jess whilst he's there. When we get there he quickly goes to his bag to grab Poppy's present before going to her front door. As soon as he's out of the way I pull out of the drive and start the rest of the journey to Jess'. No more than five minutes later I arrive.

I park at the bottom of her drive before turning round in my seat and grab the gift bag thats on the back seat. Once I've got it I turn back around and exit the car, locking it behind me. I pocket my keys and walk up to her door. I knock and wait.

Less than 5 seconds later the door opens and as soon as Jess see's me she flings herself at me, wrapping her arms round my next. I wrap mine round her waist and whisper in her ear.

"Hey there baby."

(A/N Happy New Year! So it's finally 2017 and I've made myself a new years resolution. I will update this book every Wednesday, The Mating Convention every Thursday and when I start my new book. In a Relationship with my Brothers best friend that will be every other weekend until I finish one of my other books.

So I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and the picture is Dan's new car! Remember to like, comment and vote. It means the world to me.)