Chapter 14

*Dan's P.O.V*

It was finally Halloween weekend and after nearly four weeks I'd see my beautiful girlfriend again. Me and Tyler were driving down to Houston straight after school so we'd get there for around half 6 tonight. Right now it was lunch and me and the boys were sitting down in the cafeteria.

"So what are you and Jess going as for this party tomorrow?" Sam asked me. "I'm not aloud to say, we're keeping it a secret from everyone until tomorrow." I said taking a drink of my Coke. "That means it's going to be something lame." James says rolling his eyes. "And what are you and your girlfriend doing tomorrow?" I ask raising my eyebrows at him. "Now that is private." He said it puting his head down. We all started laughing at him and the subject of Halloween and costumes passed.

...

As soon as the bell for the end of the day went I rushed to my car to see Tyler stood there texting whilst he waited for me. "Who you texting?" I asked as I unlocked my car. "Poppy." He got in and closed the door. "Are you two going in a couple costume tomorrow?" "No why would we? We're not together man." "Ok, I was just asking. Plug your phone into the aux and let's get going." I said turning the engine on and backing out of my parking space, leaving school.

...

On the way there we stopped off for some food and got stuck in some traffic but all in all the journey there was fine. When I got to Houston I went to my aunts as I wasn't sure where Jess lived and I needed to text her for the address.

Dan: Hey baby girl, just got to my aunts. What's your address I'll come round?

Girlfriend ❤️: Hey can't wait to see you. My address is (insert address here). Is Tyler coming round with you cos Poppy is here.

Dan: Yeah, we'll be there soon.

I shouted to Tyler, who was in the guest room and told him where we were going. When we got to the car I put Jess's address into my phone Sat Nav and set off. It turned out that her house was only ten minutes away. I parked in the drive and got out with Tyler following me. I pressed the door bell and waited. The door opened and there stood the most beautiful girl, my beautiful girl.

"Hey babe." I opened my arms and she automatically walked into them and rested her head on my chest and I put mine on top of hers. We stood like that for a few minutes before we looked each other. My eyes went straight to her lips and I leaned in till our lips connected. It was only a short kiss but it held so much emotion.

"So are we going in any time soon? Tyler spoke up from behind us. "Oh yeah sorry come in," Jess motioned for us to walk in, "Poppy the guys are here." She shouted upstairs to her best friend. Me and Tyler walked into the living room and took a seat. I sat in the single arm chair and Ty sat on the couch. When Jess went to walk past me I pulled her onto my lap.

"I know we FaceTime each other every day but it's not as good as seeing you in person." I tell her. "I know, I'm glad you're here now though." She says smiling at me. "Me too babe." As we leaned in to kiss I heard a voice "Hey guys, good to see you again." It was Poppy. She'd finally decided to join us. She gave Tyler a hug then sat down next to him before sending a wave my way.

"So what are we doing tonight?? Tyler asked. "How about a movie? I'm in the mood for a horror." Jess said. "Any excuse to cuddle up in my arms." I said winking at her. We all agreed to watch insidious 3 so Jess set it up whilst Poppy got snacks.

"Where are your parents and brother?" I asked only just realising they weren't here. "The out for dinner and a movie. They'll be back later." Jess informed me.