Chapter 5

*Jessica's POV*
Waking up the next morning the first thing on my mind was the abrupt end to mine and Dan's conversation last night. It went like this.

DannyBoy: Oh shit.

RedJ: What? Something wrong?

DannyBoy: No nothing. Hey I gotta go talk tomorrow, message me when ever you like. Bye.

RedJ: Bye.

After thinking about it for twenty minutes I decide to go for my daily run. Getting out of bed I followed he same routine I did yesterday and set out on my run. Plugging in my headphones my thoughts return to Dan. Going my usual route I think about the scenarios of why he went. First I thought it was me but thinking back through the conversation I didn't do anything wrong. But then it came to me. It was as soon as I said Cam played basketball. Maybe they know each other from matches or they could be rivals.

After realising it wasn't anything I did I started to think of the picture he sent me. His brown hair styled perfectly in a quiff and those dazzling green eyes. He also had the greatest body ever. His abs were defined perfectly. I was brought out of them thoughts when I saw that I'd done my whole route and was already outside my house. Going inside I went and got ready for the day.

...

An hour later and was ready to go out to the mall with my Mom and brother. Today is a Sunday and the last day of summer so me and my brother needed new stationary and notebooks for school. "Mom, Drake you ready to go!" I shouted to them. Even though I'd been on my run I was still ready before them. Today I'd decided to wear a pink cami with some washed out shorts. Even though I lived in Texas, I was not tanned. I get it from my mum. She was brought up in Washington and has always had pale skin. My brother on the other had was extremely tan. My dad was born and raised here in Houston and had he darkest tan and lucky for my brother so did he.

Speaking of my brother he finally demented the stairs and I could see why it'd had taken him so long. He was going into his junior year and he never left the house looking a mess. His hair was styled perfectly, just like Dan's, and he was wearing a tight white polo top the hugged his upper biceps. He was also wearing some chino styled shorts in a light brown colour. My brother was fashionable. But we also matched we were both wearing our Nike Theas. His in white, mine in blue.

"Right kids go get in the car then," Mum said finally leaving her office and pressing the button to unlock the car. "Shotgun!" I shouted before my brother could running and hopping in the front. Once we were all in and had our seat belts on we set off.

My contract got renewed today so I turned on my 3G and opened my kik app.

RedJ: Hey.

Dan replied almost instantly.

DannyBoy: Hey, what's up?

RedJ: Just on the way to the mall with my Brother and Mom to get last minute school supplies for tomorrow, you?

DannyBoy: With the guys.

RedJ: Oh want me to go?

DannyBoy: Nah it's good. How are you today?

RedJ: I'm great thanks, how about you?

DannyBoy: I'm good, sorry about last night.

RedJ: It's fine, I've been doing some thinking tho.

DannyBoy: Ok, what have you been thinking about in that pretty little head of yours Red?

RedJ: Do you some how know Cam from playing basketball?

DannyBoy: Is his last name Dale?

RedJ: That's the one.

DannyBoy: Then yeah I do. We don't get along, you could say we're rivals.

RedJ: Oh right 😁

DannyBoy: Yeah, I hope that doesn't affect our friendship.

RedJ: Why would it? I'm not Cam.

DannyBoy: I have noticed 😹 No but your his ex.

RedJ: I get what your saying but no, it won't affect us.

DannyBoy: Well I'm glad.

RedJ: Anyway I'm at the mall now, chat later?

DannyBoy: Of course, bye Red.

RedJ: Bye Dan.

...

Later that night as I was settling down into bed my phone vibrated.

DannyBoy: Still up?

RedJ: Yeah, it's not that late.

It's true it was only half nine and I didn't go to sleep till at least eleven.

DannyBoy: Ok I thought it was later than it actually is. So you have a good day?

RedJ: Yeah I did, did you?

DannyBoy: Yeah, nice and relaxing day before the rush of school again tomorrow. Do anything else at the mall apart from but school supplies?

RedJ: Got some food from my favourite Chinese restaurant in the food court.

DannyBoy: Nice, so Chinese your favourite food then?

RedJ: Yeah, can't beat any sweet and sour dish.

DannyBoy: Snap, girl it's like you read my mind.

RedJ: 😹 You totally sounded like a cheerleader then.

DaanyBoy: What can I say, it's my hidden talent 😉

RedJ: Alright then 😹

Dannyboy: Wanna play truths to get to know each other better?

RedJ: Sure.