Chapter 8

*Dan's POV*

James picked me up from my house for the party not long after Jess went. She really did look beautiful tonight and I would be jealous if she got with another lad tonight. I know we'd only been talking for a week but I was getting feelings for her already. James speaking brought me out of my thoughts.

"Hey man, you spoke to that chick today?" "James her name is Jessica. How many times do I have to tell you?" "Sorry bro, you know what I'm like." I had to give him that. If he didn't speak to or speak of the person on a daily basis he forgot their name.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask him. "Sure." "Do you think you can get feelings for someone just after a week of talking to them?" I felt like he was the only one I could talk to about this seen as he'd been in a relationship for the past six months with his girlfriend Jemma, the longest any of us had ever been. "Well yeah I do. I started to like Jem after just three days." "But what about if the person you like lives a few hours away?" "Are you trying to tell me something here man?" "I like Jess ok, there I said it." "Just don't rush into it mate, that's all I gotta say." And with that he parked the car and we entered the party.

...

A few hours later I was sat on the kitchen counter talking to James, Tyler and Sam, my other best mate, whilst getting drunk. James wasn't really paying attention but just added the odd comment here and there because other than that his lips were either attached to Jemma or his beer bottle. Tyler had yet another girl on his arm, a girl he'd probably bang tonight and sneak out before she woke up. Sam on the other hand was doing the exact same as me, politely saying no to any girl that offered us sex.

Even though we were doing the same thing it was for completely different reasons. My reason was because none of them where Jess and I just wanted to be talking to her on facetime. Sam's reason is that he's gay, but no one but me, Ty and James know. He doesn't want to come out in high school cos he thinks he'll get bullied. We've told him that we'd stick by him no matter what but he wants to keep it too himself till after graduation.

"Hey lads, I'm gonna go up to bed not feeling the party tonight, see us all in the morning." They all gave me a nod and I made my way upstairs to one of the guest rooms. The party was at Tyler's tonight so we all decided we'd just crash here. As I took off my shirt and jeans before hopping under the covers. Just as I was dropping off I felt my phone vibrate under the pillow.

Cheerleader👯: I'm sad 😭

Dan: Why Red? What's up?

Cheerleader👯: None of the boys here are so good looking as you 😭

Dan: Do you want people that are as good looking as me there?

Cheerleader👯: No I want you here.

Dan: And why do you want me there?

Cheerleader👯: So you can't pull that girl you like, your only allowed to pull me.

Dan: I think your drunk. We'll talk about this in the morning, drink some water. Goodnight.

As I didn't get a reply I put my phone back under the pillow and thought about what she said. When I said the girl I wanted to pull wouldn't be there I meant her. How could she not catch on to that, I thought it was obvious. But if she wants me to pull her that must mean she likes me back.

My ex girlfriend, Josie, that cheated on me turned up tonight with the guy that she cheated with on her arm. As soon as we saw her Ty threw them out but it made me see just how much better Jess is compared to her but not just in looks but in personality too. Jess is so innocent and sweet where as Josie is a slag and a bitch. In the beginning it was just sex but I started to get feelings and I thought she did too, how wrong I was. But if Jess did like me back I could actually be with a girl that likes me for me and not just up for a satisfactory shag.

With all these thoughts and emotions going threw my head I don't know how I fell
asleep but I did but only to dream of the blue eyed girl.