Chapter 28

*Dan's P.O.V*

I woke up the next morning and looked at Jess as she snuggled into my chest. I was still seething with anger from what Cameron did to her at the dance and it wouldn't be a pretty scene when I net saw him.

Instead of staying in bed with Jess and thinking over it too much to the point where I drove myself crazy I thought I'd go make breakfast for the whole family. I pulled on my t-shirt and a pair of joggers I brought with me and headed downstairs.

When I got to the kitchen I looked in the fridge and pulled out some bacon, sausages and mushrooms. Next I went to the cupboard and pulled out a tin of plum tomatoes and some eggs. I added oil to two pans and warmed them up. Next I boiled the kettle so I could make myself a coffee. When the oil in the two pans had warmed up I added bacon to one and the sausages to another. Next I got another pan and started cracking the eggs to make fried eggs. As they were all cooking I put some bread under the grill to toast it.

Once the bacon had done I put that on a plate and put it in the oven to keep warm. In the pan I'd used for the bacon I put the mushrooms in and started frying them. I also put the tomatoes in a jug and then put them into the microwave to warm them up.

"I woke up and thought you turning up last night was a dream." I hear behind me.

I turn round and yes is stood in the doorway to the kitchen. "Morning baby." I say walking up to her and hugging her whilst I connect our lips.

"So what are you doing?" When I walk back to the pans.

"Making breakfast for everyone, it's nearly ready so go get everyone up. What do you want to drink?" I ask.

"Me and Drake will have OJ, Mom will have a coffee, milk no sugar." She says and then turns around and heads upstairs.

While Jess goes and gets her family up I put the drinks and knives and forks on the table and then plate up all the food.

"Well isn't this a treat, my two would never do this for me, thanks Dan and nice to see you again." Jess' Mom says as she hugs me.

"You too Mrs Redding." I say. I rand her last night to tell her what happened and that I was coming down straight away.

"Well something smells amazing, where's the grub?" Drake asks as he enters the room.

"Sit down man and I'll get you a plate." I say laughing.

When he hears my voice he looks up surprised. "I'm sure you weren't here when I went to sleep." 

"Came early in the morning." I explain.

"Oh ok." He looks down at his phone, satisfied with my answer.  

I get the plates from the side and place them in front everyone, making sure to serve the ladies first and then I sit down next to Jess and tuck into my breakfast.

...

Once breakfast is done and me and Jess had washed up we got showered, separately, and dressed and headed out. She had plans to meet the girls at the mall so I said I'd go with her.

We met them in the food court. When we got their they all hugged and then we sat down.

"So Dan, what made you come down so suddenly and why did you not bring my boyfriend with you?" Poppy asked.

"Sorry Pops, it was really a last minute thing." I say without mentioning the incident in case Jess didn't want them knowing.

"Ok but what made you come last minute" Scarlett asked obviously noticing I skimmed over Poppy's earlier question.

Instead of answering I looked at Jess. Following my action, so did the other three pairs of eyes.

But instead of looking at any of us Jess was staring at the entrance to the food court. I followed her line of sight and there he was, the man himself Cameron. I got up and started towards him.

"Dan, don't." I heard Jess say from the table but it didn't stop me.

I walked right up to him and punched him. "That's for what you did last night. Touch my girl again and I'll kill you ok." I say through gritted teeth.

"That all you got pretty boy?" He asks squaring up to me.

"Really wanna do this here, where I'll make an embarrassment out of you in front of everyone?" I ask him with a grin on my face.

Before anything else can get said Jess come's between us and tries to push me back.

"Ah, so the slag comes to join the party." Cam says nodding his head at Jess.

As soon as I hear them words I don't register anything else. Just that I need to punch him a few more times. I put Jess behind me before she can et hurt and then punch him again. This time though more than just one punch is thrown. He punches and I punch and we end up on the floor, getting in as many hits as we can.

Before either one of us can knock the other out or do any serious damage we're pulled apart by mall security.

(A/N Hey guys, sorry it's taken so long to update I've just been extremely busy but my summer holidays start in a week so I'll be updating more then. So what do you think to this chapter and to the fight? Remember to comment, like and vote. The picture is Shay Mitchell who plays Poppy.)