Chapter 24

*Dan's P.O.V*

So today was the day that the girls were driving back to Houston and I really didn't want Jess to go. We'd had so much fun on our date but I feel we could of done so much more with the tie whilst she was here.

Tyler had come round with Poppy about half an hour ago and he looked like he didn't want to let her go either. "Can't you just stay for the party tonight and go back tomorrow morning?" Tyler asked them both. "No babe, we have plans and homework that we need to do tomorrow. You know I'd stay if I could." Poppy told him kissing him again. We'd just put the suitcases in Jess's car and as she shut the boot I pulled her into my arms.

"I'm gonna miss you so much baby." I tell her. "I know and I'm gonna miss you too." She says with a sad smile. "We'll see each other in about a month anyway, already counting down the days." I say holding her tighter. "Me too." I hear her voice crack and when I look at her face I see the tears streaming down her face. "Don't cry baby, please. We can do this, I'm gonna text you all the time, FaceTime, call. You're going to be sick of me by the time I come see you." I say trying to lighten her mood. "I could never get sick off you Dan, I love you too much." "I love you too." I say wiping away the tears. Once I've cleaned her face the best I can I join our lips together and give her a kiss. I make it deep but not deep enough that I'll be tempted to drag her inside for a make out session.

When we break apart Poppy and Tyler are saying goodbye before Poppy climbs in the driving seat. "Right time to go." I say grabbing her hand, walking her too the passenger side and opening her door for her. Once she's in I close it behind her and she puts the window down. "I'll text you in like 10 minutes, have fun at the party and please be safe." She tells me. "I'll be waiting and I always am." I joke with her. I lean down and connect our lips for the last time for a month. "I love you baby." I say a tear escaping my eye. "Love you too babe." And with that they drive off.

...

Three hours after the girls left I'm at Sam's trying to help him set up for the party but I keep getting distracted by my phone vibrating with texts off Jess. The most recent has just come through.

Girlfriend: I'm home, missing you already.

Dan: Glad you're home safe and I'm missing you more.

Girlfriend: That isn't possible, can you see if I left something with you.

Dan: Yeah what am I looking for?

Girlfriend: My heart.

Dan: Sorry you can't have that back it's mine to keep, but you can have mine.

Girlfriend: Don't worry, I already took it.

I let out a small laugh at our conversation, god did I love this girl.  I was just about to reply when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned round and came face to face with Jemma, James girlfriend. "Hey Dan, do you actually want to help instead of sitting on your arse." She says to me with her cocky attitude. She is a nice girl but if you don't know her you could get offended easily. "I'm good thanks, anyway it's all done I don't need to help. All I need to do is go get changed so I'll be upstairs if anyone needs me." I tell her grabbing my duffel bag from by the door and head up to the guest room that Sam as given me for the night.

When I get there I pull out the outfit that Jess had helped me pick out. A grey t shirt with denim jeans and my black bomber jacket. Then for shoes I had on my black converse. I got dressed and then checked my hair to make sure it still looked ok. Once I was happy with it I took a picture and sent it to Jess.

Dan: How do I look?

Girlfriend: Hot, all the girls are going to be drooling wishing you were theirs but your not. You're mine.

Dan: Sure am baby. The party is starting I'll text you later before bed.

Girlfriend: Ok have fun. Love you.

Dan: Love you too.

...

Two hours later I was passing the point of tipsy and hitting drunk. I'd drunk 5 beers and I'd just finished my 2nd Vodka and Coke. I poured myself and went to sit next to the host of the party who'd been texting all night.

"Who you texting Sammy Boy?" I asked him. He just looked around and showed me a picture. What I saw was a topless blonde haired blue eyed boy that had a defined six pack. "Good on you bro, name?" "Joseph." "And where is Joseph from?" "Cali." "Oh." "Yeah, don't say anything to the other two just yet, please." He pretty much begs me. "Ok don't worry, I know this sounds weird but I wanna dance come with?" I ask him trying to lighten his mood. "Ok."

When we get to the dance floor the DJ was playing the remix of Say Something by Karen Harding. Once I started I wasn't holding back and I didn't care if I look weird or stupid. I was shuffling and just acted like the biggest dork ever.

"Man you have to film this on snapchat, I need to show Jess my amazing moves." I say handing Sam my phone. "Ok." He takes it off me and opens up the app. when it's ready he starts to film me. I start with some shuffling before just jumping round when the base drops. When the video has reached his limit he passes it back and I add the caption: Are my moves good enough to be on the Cheerios?

I sent it and then started dancing more. When I spotted James and Tyler I dragged them onto the dancefloor as well. They looked at me like I was a dick but just laughed and joined in anyway.

...

An hour later I left the dancefloor cos I needed a drink. When I got there I saw I had a snapchat off Jess. I unlocked my phone and entered the app. I pressed to view it and a beautiful picture of my girl popped up on my screen. I screenshotted it quickly and read her reply: Was that a Glee Reference?

I double tapped and took a silly selfie and typed my reply: Well you did make me watch all season one last night.

In a matter of seconds I had her reply and a few seconds later another came through. The first read: Touché. The second read: You look drunk, make sure to drink water before sleeping.

I then took a picture of my cup and it's contents: I am very drunk and I will.

I had another reply quickly: Good, I'm going to bed, love you.

I replied with a selfie of me copying her pout but I didn't look as good as her: Love you too, Night beautiful.

The last snap I received was a very sleepy Jess that read: Night Handsome. I screenshot it and locked my phone.

I finished my drink and then filled a cup with water, grabbed a pack of pain killers and headed upstairs. When I got to my bedroom I put the tablets on the bedside table for the morning and put the cup down next to it. Then I stripped off to my boxers and sat on the bed. I quickly drank the water and filled it up again in the ensuite and placed it once again next to the tablets just in case I needed more throughout the night. I put my phone on charge and then slipped into the world of dreams.

(A/N Hey, how was the chapter, some very cute things between Dan and Jess. Also more characters were involved and what about Sam's boy Joseph? Anyway Please remember to comment, like and vote. The picture is Nick Jonas who plays Sam.)