Chapter 9

*Jessica's POV*

I woke up the next morning in the spare bedroom of Jane's house with Poppy next to me and sunlight streaming through the window. Thankfully I'd drunk plenty of water before crashing out last night so I didn't have a bad hangover. Feeling around under the pillow my head was on I found my phone and pulled it out. Unlocking it I saw I had a text message so I clicked on my messages app. With doing that I saw it was from Dan. I clicked on the chat and read his message.

Player🏀: I think your drunk. We'll talk about this in the morning, drink some water. Goodnight.

This message made no sense to me because the last thing I remember saying to him was bye before heading to the party. Realising something must of been said whilst I was at the party I scrolled up my messages.

Jess: I'm sad 😭

Player🏀: Why Red? What's up?

Jess: None of the boys here are so good looking as you 😭

Player🏀: Do you want people that are as good looking as me there?

Jess: No I want you here.

Player🏀: And why do you want me there?

Jess: So you can't pull that girl you like, your only allowed to pull me.

"Shit!" My sudden out rust made Poppy turn over and let out and indescribable sound. Realising I had to fix this fast I pressed the the phone icon and held the phone to my ear. It rang twice before I had an answer.

"Well good morning Red, what do I owe this pleasures?" "Please tell me you were just as drunk as me last night?" "Oh you mean when you sent me the text messages? No I'd only had two beers, wasn't even tipsy." "Oh god." "What's wrong? Did you it mean them?" "I was drunk Dan." "Oh, I see." I could hear a slight hint of disappointment in his voice. "What, did you want me to mean them?" "Omg Jess, if your so smart how can you be so blind. I like you and the girl that wouldn't be there last night for me to pull was you, I just want you." "But we've only been talking for a week Dan, you can't have them feelings for me." "I can and I do, I understand if you don't feel the same if you think it's too quick but I'm going to show you just how much I like you." "Ok, well I better go, sounds like my friends are waking up, facetime later?" "Sure Red, bye." "Bye Player." I pressed end call and dropped my phone on my lap.

"You ok hun?" I looked to my right and saw Poppy looking at me. "You heard everything huh?" I ask her. She says nothing but just nods her head. I pick my phone back up and show her the messages from last night, "Never let me get that drunk again Pops."

...

A few hours later I was sat in my own bed finishing reading the last chapter of the boom I've been reading at the moment when my phone dings.

Player🏀: Hey you.

Jess: Hi.

Player🏀: How are you?

Jess: Ok, you.

Player🏀: Feel stupid.

Jess: Why?

Instead of getting a text back I get the ringtone of an incoming facetime. I answer without hesitation. "Hi." "Don't hate me Red please." "Why would I hate you?" "Because I feel like I've put this massive burden on your shoulders, a decision between friendship or relationship. I never wanted to do that to you." "Don't be stupid." "What, you don't hate me?" "Oh course I don't hate you, drunk words are sober thoughts right? I've been thinking over my feelings all day and I realised I meant the words I sent last night." "So you feel the same way?" "Yeah I do."

This whole time I'd been staring down at my lap but as I said that I looked up and Dan was wearing one of the biggest smiles I'd ever seen. "So what now?" I ask him. "We build on our feelings. We don't get into a relationship yet, we wait till it's definitely the right time, do you agree?" "I agree." "Good, hey I've got last minute homework for tomorrow so I'll text you when I'm done?" "Sure, bye Player." "Bye Red."