Chapter 12

*Dan's P.O.V*

Just before the game I ran past her and I didn't even get to say hi. The whole game I'd been trying to look over at her but I had to concentrate on the game. My rival and Jess' ex Cam had been on me all game and he was beginning to get sloppy. We were in the last few minutes and the score was a draw we had to get one basket to win the game. The ball was coming down court and I was in position in case someone needed me. Sam threw it too James. Two guys were on him and if he didn't pass it soon we'd lose it. Just as one of the guys went to grab it he threw it to me and I tried to dribble it past Cam to get into the key. As I put a foot in made contact.

"Free pass or shot to number 28." The referee said. I got up from the floor and grabbed the ball. I got in position and made a shot. The ball hit the backboard first before rolling round the rim of the basket. Just as I thought it was going to drop to the floor it went through the basket and just as it did the buzzer went. All of my teammates ran up to me and congratulated me.

Now was the time for the proper challenge. I made my way to the centre of the court and shouted. "Hey can I get everyone's attention for a few seconds! Thanks." I looked round the court and saw everyone's eyes on me. I carried on looking till my eyes set on Jess. "So there's this girl, a stunning girl in fact and we started talking one late Saturday night online about a month go. I took an instant liking to her. But not just for her beautiful looks but also her amazing her personality. So tonight is gonna be the first time I'm ever gonna meet her and I wanted to do something special so Jessica Redding or should I say Red, why don't you come over here."

She shyly stepped forward and everyone looked at her. Just as she got to me the lights went off and I felt the lads get in position behind me. A few seconds later the first spotlight came on. I'd been able to talk to one of the light guys before the match quickly. There was Josh, a guy from the team, holding a piece of red card with the word will on it. The next spotlight revealed Curt, another guy from the team, holding a similar piece of red card with the word you on it. Next was James with another red card with the word be on it. Then Sam, with a piece with my on it. Last was Tyler holding the last piece with the word girl on it. The last spotlight turned on me and I was holding a question mark. All the lights turned back on and I waited. She read all the words then looked at me.

"Yes, of course I will." She threw herself into my arms and it was our first hug. It suddenly felt real, I was actually holding her in my arms. Cheers went up around us and I pulled away to actually look at her. "Hey Red."

...

Half an hour later me and Jess were at a diner with our friends. "Omg this doesn't even seem real that your here." Jess said looking at me as our friends smile at us. "I'm here baby, you better start believing it before I have to go." "Oh yeah, let's not talk about that yet." "That was one of the cutest things I've ever seen a guy do, I got it all on video so you can watch it later Jess's." Poppy spoke up.

She was sat across from me with Tyler next to her. Then was James and Sam. Next to Sam was Jane then Scarlet. We were sat in a rounded booth so Scarlet was also next to Me. Jess was on the other side of me on the end.

We spent the night eating and talking getting to know each other and I saw Tyler getting Poppy's number. When it came to the time us boys had to set off back to Dallas me and Jess finally got a moment alone. "It was so great to see you and make you mine." I say pulling her into another hug. "I'm so happy, I just don't want this night to end." "Neither baby, I'm never to far away though, a text or a call that's it." "I know." She pulled away and looked at me. My eyes went straight to her lips. I hadn't kissed her yet and I was dying to. Her eyes went to mine as well. I tilted her head up and moved my head towards her. Our lips were inches apart and I could feel her breath. In the next second I joined our lips together.

They were like heaven. So soft and plump and I couldn't get enough. When we did pull apart I gave her the biggest smile ever. "Come on I'll walk you to your car." She clicked her car keys and I opened the door. "I can't wait till we do this again." I say leaning against her car. "Neither." Just as she goes to get in I pull her to my lips again and give her a quick kiss. "One for the road." I say with a cheeky grin. She nods her head and climbs in and I shut the door behind her. She rolls down the window and speaks up again, "text me when you get home safe, I'll wait up." "Ok baby, drive safe." With that she turns on her engine and drives away. Once she's no longer in view I walk over to my car where all my friends are waiting and get in, starting the journey back to Dallas.