Chapter 22

*Dan's P.O.V*

The next morning I woke up with my arms round Jess's little body. I couldn't stop the smile that made it's way onto my face. She'd given me the best surprise I could of ever asked for and I couldn't believe we got to spend Thanksgiving together.

I started to play with her and she stirred in my arms. Her eyes opened and she turned to look at me. "Morning babe." She said to me in the cutest sleepy voice I'd ever heard. "Morning baby, sleep well?" I asked her. "Yeah I did, sorry I went to bed so early." "It's fine, you obviously needed the sleep, you looked exhausted." "You sure no one was mad?" "Of course not, my Grams and Gramps even said they couldn't wait till they got to meet you again." "Really?" "Yeah." She leant into kiss me but her phone started to ring on the bedside table. She rolled over and grabbed it, looking at the caller ID before answering it.

"Hey Pops, what do you want?" Ah it was her best friend. "Yeah we're not doing anything till tonight why?" "I'm sure that's fine let me ask." She turned round to look at me again, "Baby." "Yes?" "Me and Poppy want you and  Tyler to take us shopping, is that ok?" "Sure." "Thanks baby. He said yes Pops, what time we meeting? Ok 12, see you both then, bye." She ended the phone call and looked me in the eyes. "We're meeting at the mall at 12." And with that she got out of bed and went to the bathroom.

...

A few hours later me and Tyler were walking through the packed mall with our girlfriends, that were looking out for the shops with the best Black Friday deals, in front of us. "How was your Thanksgiving man?" Tyler asked me. "It was really good, everyone loves Jess even my Grams who is really picky about who I should date." I tell him. "Well that's good then, have you said the L word yet" "Yeah we said it last night just as Jess was falling asleep, what about you and Poppy?" "No but i'm thinking of saying it before she leaves tomorrow but I don't want her to as upset as she was last time we had to say goodbye." "Yeah I get you, I'm guessing your still active in the bedroom?" "Of course, three times last night man, it was so good. What have you and Jess done these couple of days in that department?" "We have done one thing." "Which is?" "She gave me a hand job yesterday morning, I know it's not a lot but I'm happy with waiting." "That's cool, come on they've gone in that shop." He says pointing at Forever 21.

We follow them in and they've gone to opposite sides of the store. Jess has gone to look at dresses where as Poppy has gone to look at underwear. We say goodbye and go to our girlfriends. When I reach Jess she's looking at a dress that I think would look perfect on here for our date. It's a simple white dress with dark blue polka dots on it. It has thin straps and a sweetheart neckline. "Baby, you'd look perfect in that tonight. Why don't you go try it on." I tell her as I wrap my arms round her from behind. "You sure?" "Yeah I am." "Ok." She takes my hand and leads me in the direction of the fitting rooms.

When we get there I sit on the chairs provided as she enters one of the available rooms. I wait for a few minutes before she steps out to show it to me. It's tight fitting on top but then flows out nicely at her hips and it stops just above mid thigh. "You look beautiful baby." I tell her. "It's not too short?" "It's perfect, you're getting it." I demand. "Ok." She goes back in to get changed.

Once she's done we walk hand in hand to the cash register. "That's $20 please," Says the woman behind the till. As Jess goes to grab her purse I hand my bank card over to the woman so she can swipe it. "Thank you," She says as she takes it from my hand. "What are you doing Dan?" Jess asks me. "I'm buying my girlfriend a dress, am I not allowed?" I say with an innocent look. "You didn't have to, I have the money." "I know I didn't have to and I also know you have the cash but I wanted to." The woman hands me back my card and I smile. She then puts the dress in a bag and hands it to Jess. "Thank you." Jess says politely taking it from her. With that we exit the shop to meet up with Tyler and Poppy again.

...

Later that day I was chilling out in the guest room. I'd given Jess my room to get ready for our date and even though she was staying with me I still wanted to treat it like a proper date so I was picking her up from my room at 7 and I'd got her a bouquet of red roses. 

I'd put on a white button up shirt that hugs my upper arm muscles and then I'd put on some black jeans and my black and white Nike Blazers. I'd also styled my hair into it's usual quiff. When my phone said 6:59 I left the spare bedroom and walked down the hall to my bedroom. I knocked on the door and waited.

When Jess opened the door she looked even better in the dress than she did in the shop earlier. I'd also bought her a pair of dark blue heels to go with it so she had them on. Then she'd styled her hair so long ringlets of curls where going down her back. Then she'd put on some jewellery, make up and a thin white cardigan just in case it got chilly.

"You look beautiful baby, these are for you." I said handing her the roses. "Aw Dan these are beautiful, thank you." She said pecking my lips. "Your welcome. You ready?" "Yeah." I took her hand and we walked down the stairs and we were greeted by my parents.

"You guys look so good together," My mom said smiling at us. "Thanks Mom." "Your welcome, Jess let me put them Roses in a vase for you." "Thank you," Jess said handing the flowers to my mom. She rushed off to the kitchen and no more than a minute later she was back. "Dan give me your phone, let me take a photo of you both." I handed my Mom my phone and me and Jess stood back with our backs to the door. I wrapped my arms round her waist and she leaned into me. Once my Mom had finished and handed me my phone back Jess handed her hers. "Would you mind taking one on mine as well?" She asked nervously. "Not at all." She took Jess's phone from her hand. I went to go back into the same pose as before but Jess turned towards me this time and wrapped her arms round my neck as she gave me a light kiss on the lips.  "Perfect." I heard my mom say as we broke away. Jess got her phone back and we said our goodbyes.

When we left I lead the way to my car and opened the door fro Jess. I waited till she was in before I shut it and got in myself. I hoped she liked our date.

(A/N Hey guys, how did you like this chapter? I'm gonna write the date next chapter as I think there better from a girls point of view. I hope my P.O.V's in Dan's perspective are just as good as Jess. Remember to comment, vote and like. The picture is Selena Gomez who plays Jane.)