Chapter 16

*Dan's P.O.V*

The next morning I woke up to Jess wrapped in my arms with her head resting gently on my chest. I started to run my fingers gently through her hair whilst thinking of the events of last night. Tyler and Finally asked Poppy out and when me and Jess got back to my aunt's we just sat and talked for hours.

I know we talk for hours everyday on Facetime  but it was just so much better. I could hear her voice more clearly, we could touch and it was perfect. Today was my last day before heading back to Dallas tonight. Last night we decided we would go out for lunch together. It'd be like our first proper date alone together and I was excited.

"Morning handsome, what are you thinking about?" She asked me. "Us," I replied with a smile. "All good things I hope." "Of course beautiful, are you hungry?" I asked "No, I'll wait till lunch, could I get a shower and then you take me back to mine so I can change?" "Sure." She got up but not before giving me a sweet kiss and walked to my room's en suite. I couldn't help but look at her legs. They were so long and perfect and it didn't help that she was wearing one of my tops either, she just looked so good in my clothes.

Seen as She was in my en suite I decided to use the bathroom down the hall. I got a quick shower, just washing my body before jumping out and wrapping the towel round my waist. When I got back to my room Jess was still in the bathroom so i quickly slipped on some boxers before drying my torso.

"Oh wow." I turned round to see Jess staring at me wide eyed. Last night I'd slept with a tank top on and I changed whilst she was in the bathroom so this was the first time she was seeing me topless in person. "Like what you see baby?" I asked teasing her. "Yep, I certainly do." "Good." She was back in her dress from last night but this time without the ears and tail. "Let me finsh getting dressed and we'll go." "Ok."

I put on some black jeans and a white top that hugged my upper body muscles nicely. Next I put on my black Nike Huaraches before grabbing my phone and keys in one hand and Jess's hand in the other.

...

Ten minutes later we were pulling up to Jess's house and we headed inside. "Mum I'm home." "Hey darling, Hello Daniel." "Please just call me Dan, you don't have to call me Daniel." I said politely.  "Mum, me and Dan are going to go out for some lunch, is that ok?" "Yes of course it is, you too should spend as much time with each other as possible before Dan has to go home." "Ok thanks, I'm just going to change." With that she ran up the stairs to her room. "You can sit in the living room, Jess's brother is in there playing Xbox.

I still hadn't properly met Jess's brother but I guess now was my chance.  "Hey" I said getting his attention. "Hello, you're Jess's boyfriend aren't you?" "Yes, I'm Daniel but everyone calls me Dan, nice to meet you" I extended my hand out for him to shake and he took it. "You too, My name's Drake." I nodded and sat down next to him.

"So what you playing?" I asked. "Was just about to do a round of zombies of Call Of Duty 2, do you play?" "A little but not much." "Wanna go?" He asked me offering the controller. "nah I'm good just watching, thanks anyway." he just shrugged and started the game.

Ten minutes later Jess finally come in and announce she was ready to go. "Ok good to meet you Drake, cya." I said standing up and joining Jess in the doorway. "Bye." "Bye Mum, we're going." "Ok, see you later." With that we left the house and got into the car.

"You look beautiful." I said once we were driving down the road. She really did. She was wearing some white skinny jeans that hugged her bum nicely and a light pink cami. With it she was wearing some white Nike Airs. "Thank you, so do you."

....

Half an hour later we were sat in a booth at the diner we went to with everyone the first time we met. "Well doesn't this bring back memories." Jess said once we'd ordered. "It sure does." I said agreeing with her. "I had fun last night, did you?" She said grabbing my hand from across the table. "Yeah I did, I just with we could do stuff like that more often." "Me too, I'll come see you next time, it's not fair that you do all the driving." "Are you sure?" "Yeah defiantly, I'd love to." "Ok."

We had to break our hands apart when the waitress came with our food. The burger she put in front of me was massive. "Thank you." I told her before she walked away. I picked up my burger and took a giant bite out of it. "How is it?" Jess asked. "Amazing."

...

After lunch we decided to go for a walk so we left my car in the diner car park and walked hand in hand down the street. "I've really enjoyed this weekend with you baby girl." I said squeezing her hand. "Me too, I don't want you to go." "I'd stay if I could you know this. we just need to be positive, keep telling ourselves we'll see each other again soon." "Ok, let's go over to that park, I want to go on the swings." She said pointing over the road.

I just laughed before guiding her across the road and into the park. Once inside we found our way to the playground. She ran over and sat her self on one of the two swings, saving the other for me. I sat down next to her and began swinging my legs back and forth to get myself to go higher. "So what time are you and Tyler setting off back to Dallas?" she asked. "About three so we can get home for dinner." "Ok."

After a while I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I brought myself and the swing to a halt before taking it out to check it it. It was a text off Tyler.

Tyler: Hey man could you come pick me up from Poppy's?

Dan: Sure.

I locked my phone and put it back in my pocket. "Who was that?" Asked Jess. "Tyler, he wants picking up from Poppy's. Do you mind if we go now?" "That's fine." She got off the swing and took my hand. As I was still sat down I pulled her close to me and placed my lips on hers. At first it was pretty calm and just a sweet kiss. but then I licked her bottom lip for entrance and she let me in. My tongue took dominance and controlled the kiss. before pulling away I bite her lip playfully. "Come on lets go." I said standing up and walking away from the swings.#

...

Thirsty minutes later we were pulling up outside of Poppy's house so I sounded the horn to let Tyler know I was here. I didn't want to go in and ruin their chance to say good bye to each other. Jess had directed me here and we'd decided I'd drop her off after Picking Tyler up.

After waiting for about five minutes the front door opened and Tyler and Poppy appeared. Tyler stepped out of the house before turning towards Poppy and taking her in his arms for a hug. When they pulled away they shared one more before he turned and walked towards the car, getting in the back. Poppy sent me and Jess a wave trying to hold in her tears and we waved back before I drove away.

...

Next it was mine and Jess's time to say goodbye. I got out of the car and opened jess's door for her. Tyler then got out of the back to get into the front not before giving Jess a quick hug goodbye. I walked her to her front door where she turned to look at me.

"Have a safe journey back and text me when you get home." she said with a sad smile. "Of course I will." I took her in my arms and held her close. I felt her body shaking and I knew she was crying. "Please don't cry baby, I don't like it when your upset." I said kissing the top of her head. "Sorry." She pulled away and wiped her tears away.

I tilted her chin up towards me and brought my lips down on hers. This was going to be our last kiss for who knows how long and I was going to cherish it. After a few minutes we pulled away. "Bye baby girl." I said. "Bye babe." With that I walked back to my car and got in. Starting the engine we waved at each other one last time before I pulled out of her drive and drove away.

(A/N This is actually a really sad chapter :(. So what do you guys think? Do you like it? Hate it? Please let me know. I also think the length is quite good but please let me know your thoughts on that too. I'm still thinking of a cast but it will be up soon, I promise. Remember comment, vote and like.)