Chapter 29

*Jess' P.O.V*

Once Cameron had been thrown out of the mall by police and Dan had been given a warning we headed back to our table and I knew the girls would want an explanation.

"So are you going to tell us why you're here now?" Jane asked Dan.

I sighed and realized I should be the one to tell them so I started to tell the story of what Cameron did last night and of how Dan drove all the way here when I rang him. Once I was finished they either looked shocked or angry.

"Well he deserves everything he gets." Scarlett says, looking down at her phone texting as if she was on a mission.

"What are you doing?" Poppy dares to ask her.

"Texting Jonathon so everyone will know what a scumbag Cameron really is by first period tomorrow." She explains, locking her phone with a smug smile.

I was about to protest when I realized it was to late. I just squeezed Dan's hand under the table, silently thanking him.

...

Well it was finally Monday morning. Dan had gone home yesterday afternoon once we'd got back from the mall. I hadn't wanting to say goodbye but I knew he'd be back soon enough to spend new years with me.

As I got up and ready I was dreading school. What if people thought I'd asked for it and was just doing it for attention. Shaking my head to get rid of the idea I remembered it was Jonathon telling everyone and he wouldn't do that to me.

I got ready, pulling on a pink jumper with my black jeans and converse. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and did my usual make up. Grabbing my bag, phone and keys I headed downstairs.
No one was in the kitchen so I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and when I got there I saw a note.

Had to go into work early, have a good day and I'll see you both later. Love Mom.

I sat down after reading and unlocked my phone, deciding to text Dan to see if he'd finished his morning practice.

Jess: Hey baby, you done?

Boyfriend: Yeah, you still at home?

Jess: Yeah, I'm just waiting for Drake then we'll go, he wants a lift today.

Boyfriend: Ok, you gonna be okay?

Jess: Yes, and if anything happens I'll text you. Gotta go Drakes ready. I love you.

Boyfriend: Love you too.

"Ready to go?" I ask Drake as I look up and he just nods his head. "Ok lets go then."

We walk out the house and I lock the door behind me before unlocking the car. Drake gets in and automatically connects the aux. When I get in myself and start the engine By Your Side by Jonas Blue comes through the speakers.

"So how was the dance with Jane on Saturday?" I ask him, trying to make conversation.

When he doesn't reply I look at him quickly and see a blush covering his cheeks.

"Ok spill." I demand, wanting to know even more and he mumbles something. "Excuse me I didn't hear that." I say, teasing him.

"We kissed." He says, clearer and louder this time "And I think I want to ask her out." HE tells me.

"OMG, do it when we pull up, please." I beg him, wanting this for them both.

"You think she'll say yes?" He asks me, worriedly.

"Well what has she been like since you kissed?" I ask back.

"Great, we've been getting along really well and we've been flirting." He tells me.

"Then she'll say yes." I tell him as we pull into the car park and I go to my usual spot.

Just as I knew Jane and the girls are all stood around and I nudge my brother. I park the car and then we both get out. I go stand with the girls and Drake rounds the car to join us.

"Hey Jane." He says, going to give her a hug and she hugs him back and they both smile at each other when they pull away.

"What's up?" She asks him.

"I was... I want to ask... erm... Will you be my girlfriend?" He stammers out before finally asking.

The other two gasp and Jane's mouth falls open before she nods. 

"Yes, of course I will." She says before kissing him and I turn away.

I may of given my consent but I did not want to see them kiss. After a few seconds I turn back around and smile at them both. They both have massive grins and I hope they're happy together.

...

At lunch I go to our regular table with my lunch and sit down, starting to eat. As I do I feel someone come up behind me so I turn around and see the head cheerleader there.

"Oh hey Cindy." I say once I've swallowed what was in my mouth.

"Hey, can I sit down?" She asks, motioning to the seat next to me and I nod. "i heard about what happened on Saturday," She starts, "and as head of the cheerleading squad it's my job to make sure you're ok." She says with a smile.

"Yeah I'm fine, bit shaken up still but fine. Just glad I haven't seen him today." I tell her.

"Well me and all members on the squad are here for you if you need a chat, right I'll see you later at practice. Bye girls." She says as the rest of my friends turn up.

That wasn't normal for Cindy. Normally she was a total bitch but I guess when it came to the squad she was like a very protective momma bear over her cubs and it was quite nice.

"What did she want? Scarlett asks.

"She was just telling me that all the squad we're there to talk if I needed it." I tell her and the other two. "Where's my brother?" I ask Jane.

"With his friends, I'm gonna go see him for the last 20 minutes." Jane says, sitting across from me.

We all start eating when Jonathon comes and joins us, sitting next to Scarlett.

"No need to thank me straight away or anything Jess." He says with a smirk.

"Thank you for what?" I ask him, confused.

"Well word of this weekends events got round to the head and Cameron has been expelled. You never have to see that douche again." He explains.

"Omg Really?" I ask, not believing him.

"Really." He says and I get up and round the table to give him a hug.

"Thank you, thank you." I say, nearly crying with joy.

Once I've hugged him and text Dan.

Jess: He's been expelled!

"So a little birdy told me that Scarlett is the only single one in this little group now." Jonathon says.

Instead of answering she just nods her head and carries on eating. I then feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. I pull it out and it's a call from Dan. I answer it quickly.

"Hey baby." I say down the phone. We talk for a bit, him just asking how I'm doing and then when we say goodbye he says he'll facetime me later.

For once everything was going great for me and I couldn't be happier.

(A/N Hey guys. How is everyone. I finally got some inspiration and updated! Count it as an early Christmas present from me. There will be another update before Christmas. Please keep commenting liking and voting. The picture is Leighton Meester who plays Scarlett)