"Hello?" A voice asked over the speakers. For a second, I was stunned. It sounded just like a normal human voice. Deep and masculine with the lilt of a Greek accent. I wished he had a video camera so I could see exactly what this fearsome beast looked like. Cerberus was supposed to be the three-headed dog that guarded the underworld, under orders of Hades, to destroy any and all who attempted to leave or enter without prior permission. Only so many people could escape or exit unscathed. Basically, the Greek underworld was North Korea.

"Uhm, hello? Am I speaking to Cerberus?" I asked just to make sure.

"You called my cell phone and didn't know who you were calling?" Came the dry response. I grimaced. Yes, he certainly sounded like a son of Hades. I cleared my throat.

"I'm sorry," I admitted honestly, "I just... I had to make sure. My name is Thorn. I'm the Guardian of Purgatory."

"Lucifer's kid?"

"One of several, yes."

"All right," Cerberus said slowly, "Then what can I do for you, devil spawn?" I shook my head at that and Remi smirked, but I gave him a shove before holding a finger to my lips for him to remain silent. I turned back to the computer, adjusting it so the mic was just a bit closer and I wouldn't have to speak loudly. I didn't want Ambrosius, or anyone else for that matter, to know I was contacting an outsider.

"I have some questions about your brother."

"Wow, that narrows it down. I have seven of them."

"The youngest."

"Theo?"

"Ambrosius." I answered. Silence followed. I frowned, glancing at Remi out the corner of my eye and he gave me a shrug. I looked back at the monitor and waited for Cerberus to say something, but he still remained silent. Was he still there?

"Cerberus?" I asked.

"Yeah?" Cerberus replied. His voice sounded hard now, like he would much rather discuss a prostate exam than his youngest brother. I had an itching sensation that might hurt Ambrosius's feelings.

"May I ask you about Ambrosius? It's important." I tacked on, hoping that would lighten the mood, but it only made him scoff.

"I don't know anything about him. Hades keeps him on a tight leash. If you want to know about him, ask Hades. Not that you'll get anywhere with him," Cerberus informed, then there was a pause and I heard voices in the background, "No... No, it's just some dude. I told you I'll be there in a minute-- Ow! That's domestic violence.... Yes, it is... Oh, haha, very funny. Another dog joke. Go away, I'm on the phone." I scowled in confusion. The other voice in the background didn't sound Greek. His accent was harder, more noticable. If I had to take a guess, I'd tag it as Celtic, but surely not. What would a Celt be doing with a Greek? Then again, what was I doing with a Greek?

"Listen," Cerberus said, returning to our call, "I don't know anything about Ambrosius, and I can't talk about it right now. Why don't you just call someone else?"

"I don't have anyone else's number. I stumbled upon yours by chance. At least answer me one question."

"What?"

"Who's Ambrosius's real mother?" I asked. A short silence... that stretched on and on until I realized he'd hung up on me. I cursed, smacking my fist into the keyboard and almost splintering it. Remi tsked at that and I shot him a look that made him pout as he swung his legs back and forth off the edge of my desk.

"Well, he sounds kinda rude," Remi commented as I hit redial, "Maybe he's, like, the son of Hades and some whore."

"All of Hades's children are by some random whore. Why would Ambrosius be any different?"