Chapter 21: The Ball

We're now on the dance floor, dancing. Its so hard dancing on these shoes, and with Riddle because he kept stepping on my foot, I don't know if he did this on purpose or what and I kept my patience longer or I might wiped that stupid smug smirk on his face.

With one last annoyed look, I stepped on his foot really hard and run fast to the food area, thankfully, the waltz was finished and we're free to do whatever we want to do. Smirking in triumph, I grabbed a goblet of fruit punch and went to Alexandria and Fedora's table and found them laughing at something.

"What you guys were laughing about?" I asked them taking a gulp from my punch. They looked at me and laughed again. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion as I watched them laughed. I looked whatever from their view before and saw Riddle jumping while holding his foot where I stomped, Vogue and Howell were trying to help but he glared at them. He saw me snickering and gave me a death glare.

"Uh oh... I gotta go now girls, someone's trying to kill me." I said running on the opposite direction not before hearing this word.

"We knew it!!" Knew what?

Anyway, I tried blending myself from the crowd and fully tripped on my dress. They all stopped to looked at me, I immediately stood up giving them a peace sign, I ran again and heard them muttered 'crazy'. I noticed something odd, I looked down and oh...my other shoe is missing... Oh well. I slipped off my shoe and just hold it, I'll find its pair later.

I greeted everyone on my way including the twins I saw sneaking in to the kitchen.

"Why hello there Madame." Greeted the taller poshly while his twin bow. I raised my eyebrows and laughed.

"Good evening Monsoir, what a pleasant surprise." I mimicked them bowing my head.

"Leonard/Leon Vance" they both introduced themselves pulling their hands out for me to shake, I shake them introducing myself.

"Alicia Howell, pleasure to meet you."

"You too m'lady" we talked and talked until a slow song came in.

They bid their good byes and danced with their partners.

While I, walked in the middle of the dance floor to ruin their moment, I know I know, I'm a bit of an arse.

"What the?!-" I suddenly pulled and collided on something hard-- err chest. Hmmm...he smelled so good! Who's chest is this?

"Got you" he whispered on my ear that made me shivered. I looked up to see Riddle's dark beautiful eyes to see blank? I don't know, he's mysterious. He suddenly dropped his one knee on the ground.

"What the hell Tom?! Stand up, bloody hell!" I exclaimed pulling him up but he move back to his position again. He pulled a shoe from his back...my shoe. He lifted my bare foot and slipped it in then get the other pair in my hand and slipped it also on the other bare foot. My heart fluttered on his actions.

He stood up and placed my hands on his shoulders and he placed his hands on my waist. My heart raced as we swayed in the soft tune of music, it felt like the time just stopped and we're the only one dancing here while looking at each others eyes. Of course I blocked him from my mind though. But still, I couldn't help but notice that everytime we touched, I felt something...like I felt before for Draco...