Chapter 31: New Years

Normal POV

Its been a few months since the car accident and Lucy healing up nicely. Christmas has gone and past now, Wendy had a great first Christmas with her new family. Its New Years Eve and its snowing. "Momma I wanna play in the snow!" Nashi cheered not right now sweetheart Lucy told her as she washed the dishes. "pleeeeeasseee!"

Natsu came in the kitchen and opened the fridge looking for a beer. "Natsu take your daughter outside to play in the snow, I need to finish cleaning the house. We have our friends coming over tonight Im not done cleaning and I still havent started cooking." Natsu slowly put his beer down and picked Nashi up. "We are going outside and Ill leave you to do this" Lucy sighed and continued to wash the dishes.

Natsu bundled Nashi up in her winter jacket and put her gloves on her little hands. He had started to put on his coat and scarf when Nashi pulled on his pant leg. "Whats up kiddo?" She reached her hands up trying to grab his scarf. "Mine!" she whined trying to pull it off him.

Natsu chuckled and unwrapped the scarf from his neck. "sometimes I regret showing you this old thing, but it makes me happy that you love it so much." He securely wrapped the scarf around Nashis neck. The little girl giggled and ran around her dads legs squealing. "Whats going on down here?" Wendy asked as she came down the stairs. "Me and daddy are playing in snow!" Wendy giggled, "Hmm maybe Ill come play too."

Natsu, Nashi and Wendy all went outside to go play in the snow. "Ahh take that you little monster!!" Natsu yelled as he threw a snowball at Nashi. The little girl giggled and laid down in the snow. "Snow angles!!!" she squealed as she kicked her arms and legs around. Wendy laid down next to her and started making one too. "Daddy come on" Nashi demanded her father. Natsu shook his head and chuckled. "man, youre definitely your moms kid."

Lucy sighed as she sat down finally being bale to take a break from cooking and cleaning. She grabbed her phone and started to check her messages. There were a bunch of Happy New Year eve texts and what should I bring to the party. Lucy responded to everyone then went to go grab her coat.

When she stepped outside she was immediately was hit in the face with a snowball. Everyone stopped when they realized the snowball had hit Lucy in the face. "oh no were dead now" The three-cowered scared of Lucys wrath. Lucy slowing wiped the snow off her face before she burst out laughing.

"So, thats it huh? A snow ball fight?" she asked before running and piling snow up in her hands and throwing it at Natsu. Natsu smirked and grabbed Nashi. "Quickly Nashi were on a team." The two-started building a small snow fort. Wendy ran beside Lucy and started helping her. "Okay Wendy you start making snow balls ill start throwing." Wendy nodded and got to work.

"Dont worry Nashi mommy wont dare hit you so we can win this easily." Natsu told Nashi as they started making snow balls. Lucy on the other hand was not feeling merciful for her daughter, she planned the cream them, but when she looked up to start throwing snowballs she saw her daughter standing there with a snowball in her hand.

"Natsu you coward come out and fight me like a man!" Lucy yelled across the yard. Natsu chuckled and peeked over. "Never, you'll only get to me through Nashi!" Lucy shrugged,  "okay" Natsu only blinked for a second and Lucy had done thrown three snowballs at Nashi.

Natsu looked at Lucy surprised. "How could you take now your own daughter!?" He yelled as he took the snow-covered Nashi behind their fort. "you said that was the only way to get to you soo" He stared at her in disbelief. "how could you attack this princess I cant believe you really did that Lucy."

Lucy smirked, "Well stop hiding and come fight me like a man, Wendy snowball." she put her hand out for a snowball. "oh, you're on now Luce." Natsu and Lucy charged at one another chucking snow balls left and right. "give up!" Natsu yelled as she hid behind the tree. "never!"